reunion

Chloe's POV:

I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket, so I pull it out. "Woah, the Bellas group? We haven't used that since USO." I mutter to myself. Chicago moves closer to me and reads the message. "A girls night? Oh, babe. I don't know about that."

"Gosh, baby. Give me a minute to think about it myself please." I laugh. He nods and smiles. "Sorry. I just..I'd miss you."

I roll my eyes before looking at him and raising an eyebrow. "And this is coming from the guy who goes away for six months at the same time I go on this girls night?"

He laughs softly and kisses my cheek. "You might find a new guy there."

"Chicago, it's a girls night. There's no guys there."

"Surely Aubrey has a boyfriend?"

"Uh, she has a wife and a daughter. Oh, and Stacie is having their second baby. I think this one's a boy though, but I doubt an unborn child would steal me from you." I joke.

He laughs again and stands up. "Fine, you can go."

"I'd be going anyway, with or without you telling me I can. These girls are my family, you know." I say.

————

Beca's POV:

"A girls night? Oh, Ames, you seen this?" I say excitedly, holding my phone up to the blonde aussie who smiles and nods. "Yeah, I saw it. You gonna go?"

"Obviously."

"But Chlo is gonna be there."

"More reason to go." I mutter.

Amy laughs and shakes her head. "God, Beca. Everyone else matured after USO, why couldn't you?"

I roll my eyes before putting my phone back on the table and smiling. "You know I'm autistic, right?"

"I'm aware. And you're dyslexic and you have clinical depression. We learned that after Chloe walked away from you.." Amy mumbles. I wince at the memory of that night, when I jumped. "God, that wasn't my finest moment."

"No, it really wasn't." She says. "Anyway, I know Chloe isn't single anymore and she's probably happy with this guy, but if I wasn't so fucking oblivious to everything she did then we'd probably be happily married and maybe even have kids by now." I tell her, raking a hand through my hair and blindly bouncing my leg up and down.

Amy nods and smiles. "Well then. Best get to it."