aubrey's house

Chloe's POV:

"Oh my gosh! Hey girls!" I exclaim, walking into a full living room. Everyone -except Amy and Beca- gets up to hug me, smiling. "Sorry I'm so late, Chicago couldn't bear to let me come. He's adorable!" I tell everyone, making Beca frown and cross her arms.

I know exactly why she's mad at me, but what I did was only right and she should have told me sooner. I think it was Cynthia who told me why she left the after party at USO.

Anyway, I wasn't going to let her feelings affect my night with my girls.

"Oh, and congratulations Stacie and Aubrey! I'm so happy for you both. It's only a matter of time until me and Chicago decide to start our own family." I say, hugging the expectant brunette and her blonde wife. "Thanks Chlo! Can't wait for you to have mini Chloes running around."

Beca excuses herself to get another drink and Amy follows her. "God, is Beca still hung up on it?" I ask. Aubrey nods and rolls her eyes. "Still."

"I mean, you basically ruined her life by being with Chicago, so I don't blame the poor girl. You know she was so upset she~" Stacie starts, but Aubrey claps her hand over her mouth and laughs nervously.

"She told you not to tell Chloe." Aubrey hisses, and Stacie gasps and moves Aubrey's hand. "Shit, sorry."

————

Beca's POV:

"God, how am I supposed to last?" I mutter, downing another beer. "Uh, maybe you can start by putting that drink down and enjoying the night?" Ashley tells me, grabbing the bottle before I can take another mouthful.

I nod and put my head in my hands. "She's doing that to piss me off, isn't she?" I say, referring to Chloe's constant conversations about Chicago.

Jessica nods and smiles awkwardly. "She knows it's irritating you, Bec. If you want her to stop then say something, stop drinking to stop the pain." The other girls nod in agreement.

"But what should I say? I-I wanna ask her out but I can't do that. She's happy." I slur. Amy rolls her eyes and laughs. "She's not really happy though, is she? We all know how much she loved you but you never realised your feelings for her. Just get her really drunk then get laid by her. Simple, really. Me, Jessica and Ashley can get her on a couple drinks if you want?"

I shake my head and my eyes widen. "Fuck no! She'd blame me for it all when Chicago finds out!" I yell.

"When Chicago finds out what?" The redhead asks, entering the kitchen. "When he finds out you're having such a good time. That would be Beca's fault for getting you so drunk and then you enjoy the night even more." Emily quickly says, grinning.

Chloe smiles and looks at me. "Really? You think I'd be mad at you for that? Of course not. Ames, pass me that bottle of Malibu please. I'll make us all Malibu-Colas." She says.

I can't help but smile. "Dude, that's literally my favourite drink." I mumble to her.

"I know. Why else would I be making it?"

I'm more than sure that I'm blushing at this point, but I don't do anything to stop it.

————

Four hours later, everyone is completely wasted. Well, everyone but Stacie and Emily. For obvious reasons. Me and Chloe wouldn't let Em drink, and Stacie can't drink.

Anyway, the girls all collectively decided to do drunk confessionals so now we're on Aubrey's kitchen floor trading confessions.

"Uh, I'll go first then. Okay, so, when we did Bellas performances, I-I hated it because I was always scared I'd puke everywhere. Not because I didn't want people to see it, that wasn't the reason at all, it's because Stacie hates puke and I didn't want to upset her. Because I loved her from the start." Aubrey says, smiling and gently kissing her wife on the cheek.

I roll my eyes and groan. "God, you two are so cute together. I wish I had a girlfriend that cared about me like you care about eachother." I mutter.

Everyone laughs. Well, everyone besides Chloe. I watch her wipe her eyes gently and she nods, but only I notice. "Okay then, who's next?"

Chloe puts her hand up and sits up properly. "Okay, so, there was this really cute badass in college that I fucking adored. And then things went south and we never ended up together. But, if I could go back in time, I'd definitely do things differently."

I feel my heart breaking. She liked someone else in college? All those nights she spent in my room cuddling with me and comforting me when I cried were just...friend things.

"Right. Well, I'm gonna go next. So...like Chloe, I liked a really pretty girl who made me feel amazing but I didn't recognise the feelings until it was too late and if I could have gone back and changed things, I wouldn't have thought twice." I announce. I get up and steady myself on the counter. "Uh, I'm gonna go to the living room now, if you need me then I'll be there."

A few minutes after I lay on the couch crying, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I shot off the couch and stared at the owner of the hand.

Chloe.

"I- Are you okay, Beca?" She asks, looking at me with concern in her gaze.

I nod and wipe my eyes with the back of my hand. "I'm great, yeah. Uh, this might seem a bit weird and like I'm trying to interfere with your private life or something, but who did you like?" I ask.

Chloe bites her lip before smiling and looking me dead in the eyes.

"You."

————

Chloe's POV:

"You. I liked you." I mutter. Beca's eyes widen and her cheeks turn bright red. "M-Me?"

I nod and laugh. "Of course, silly.

She smiles softly before clearing her throat and coming closer to me. "Well, I guess you're wondering who I was talking about then?"

"I was, yeah."

"Obviously I was talking about you, Beale."

"Really?"

"Yeah, but you're with Chicago because I couldn't face up to my feelings. God, you don't know what I did because I couldn't have you.."

"What did you do, Beca?"