stay the night

Beca's POV:

I watch as Chloe gets up to go after staying at mine for an hour after we left the reunion.

"Wait, hang on!" I shout after her, running into my bedroom where her things are. Her hair is a mess and mascara stains from last night are still covering her cheeks. "Huh?"

I grab her wrist as she grabs her bag and starts to walk out of my room. "Stay. Stay tonight, please don't go. I-I don't want you to be alone."

Chloe smiles and shakes her head. "I need to make sure he's gone, I can't let him stay in my house."

"Then let me come with you."

"Beca, please."

"Don't let me lose you again, Chloe. I-I fucked up last time and I can't let you go."

"I can't."

"Why?"

"Because, Beca, I have to get over Chicago first!"

"Then atleast stay with me here for a while. You're only gonna think of Chicago when you're at your house, and with your medical history, is never safe."

"Oh, so you're all for letting me stay when I'm heartbroken over someone else, but when you absolutely shatter my heart into millions of tiny pieces, it doesn't concern you?"

"Chloe, don't~"

"No. I think I've heard enough. I want to go home, Beca."

"Fine." I mutter, choking back my tears. I can't bear to see her leave me again, but I don't have a choice.

After dropping her off, I headed to the nearest Starbucks and started writing down lyrics for a new song.

I'll miss knowin' what you're thinkin'
And hearin' how your day has been
Do you think you can tell me everything, darling?
But leave out every part about him
Right now you're probably by the ocean
While I'm still out here in the rain
With every day that passes by since we've spoken
It's like Glasgow gets further from LA
Maybe it's supposed to be this way
But, oh, my love
I wanna say I miss the green in your eyes
And when I said we could be friends, guess I lied
I wanna say I wish that you never left
Oh, but instead I only wish you the best
I wanna say without you, everything's wrong
And you were everything I need all along
I wanna say I wish that you never left
Oh, but instead I only wish you the best

I put my pen down after an hour of writing. "God, if this doesn't change her mind now..I know she still loves me. I adore her. I-I have to finish this, and publish it." I mutter to myself while dialling my agent Willlow's number.

"Hey, uh, I got an idea for a song.."

Lyrics used : wish you the best - lewis capaldi