What if... Aang had woken up earlier? part 2

Aang, Hama, and Kanna were returning to the entrance to Wolf Cove, Hama was in front urging the group to quicken their pace.

-We can't stop now... we must get to the city as soon as possible.

They immediately and without saying anything continued walking when they could finally see the entrance to Wolf Cove in sight, only to see several people pacing back and forth while several members of the Tribe stood at the entrance, preparing for a battle.

They quickly approached the entrance to be greeted by the warriors at the entrance.

Before anyone can ask what's going on, Gilmak who was among the warriors at the entrance notices his presence and rushes to the front.

"I knew it, that boy raised the alarm to the Fire Army?" he shouts so that everyone present can hear him, being then supported by many.

Chief Qanitt soon arrives with other members and observes what is happening before wanting to intervene.

Kanna immediately rushes to defend Aang- He didn't do anything Gilmak, it was an accident.

Aang nods - Yes, we were on the ship... and there was a trap and... - he started to talk to try to explain what happened but when he saw Hama and Kanna's faces he saw that he wasn't helping much - we fell into it.

-It's better not to talk anymore...

Qanitt just shakes his head in disappointment - Hama, you know very well that that ship is prohibited, you were part of those who caught it and you know how dangerous they can be... now we are all in danger.

Several tribe members nod in agreement.

-Please don't blame them, I took them there, it's my fault- he lowers his head accepting the blame.

Such an act seems to satisfy Gilmak - Aha! ... the boy confesses - he turns to see Qanitt - Chief, there is nothing to discuss, he must be banished.

Hama, not tolerating this, moves forward angrily - Gilmak, you can't try to propose that to the Chief.

Gilmak, however, does not back down. "If I can... I'll take care of protecting our tribe... something that other people don't seem to do." Hama stops and looks at Gilmak, hoping he doesn't say what he thinks he's going to say. "You As an example, you hang out with foreigners who do not belong to the Tribe - he points to Kanna and Aang - and you divert your attention from protecting our people, and as a consequence, we have lost many of our people...

Hama was going to launch herself furiously to make Gilmak swallow her words, but first, she was held by Panuk and Arlok who intervened and held her down to prevent her from doing something crazy.

Qanitt, not supporting this, took a step forward - Gilmak, who stays in our tribe is not your decision, but mine! If you have problems with my leadership you are more than welcome to fight for it if you think you can defeat me - he saw it seriously while Gilmak did not make any objection, so he decided to continue - Hama has participated in all the defenses of the Tribe since he was of age to participate, everyone here knows it and has always given her all like any other warrior, and we welcomed Kanna even with the knowledge that she belongs to our Sister Tribe in the North like many others before her and has led here long enough to be another member of our Tribe...

Some nodded in agreement with their Chief, because Gilmak, more than distrustful and only looking out for the good of the tribe, is resentful because the South was practically abandoned to its fate while the Fire Nation invaded them.

Hama stopped fighting and urged Panuk and Arlok to let her go, which they did, and directed her gaze to where the Chief was confronting Gilmak.

Before they could continue discussing the topic, everyone began to see a kind of gray snow beginning to fall from the sky, several looked at the sky to see the amount that was falling.