Chapter 2

I arrive at the board room, taking a seat to the side in the corner

I arrive at the board room, taking a seat to the side in the corner. In my lap, I have a legal pad and my phone. I tap the screen to check the time. 12:50 p.m.

My gaze roams around the room, observing her touch. It is sophisticated and alluring—fitting.

The frosted glass door opens, and in walks Ms. Nia Long. She pays me no mind, walking to the head of the table, taking her seat, and facing her chair towards me.

"She listens." She has a smirk on her face that I've seen more than once today.

"Come sit right here, next to me." She taps the table with her manicured red nails. I move as instructed, taking the seat to the left of her.

She pulls her chair to the end of the table, moving close to me, crossing one leg over the other, exposing the red soles of her pumps.

"We have a few minutes before more people walk in; did you look over all of the documents I placed in the portfolio?" She raised her eyebrow, and I grabbed the paper from the back of the legal pad.

"Yes, I did. I saw the non-disclosure agreement that you included; here it is signed and dated." I placed it in her hand that she was out waiting for it.

"Thank you. I didn't even have to ask you to bring it." She grazes her shoe against my leg, startling me.

She pushes the chair back over to the center of the table, opens a panel, and presses a button, turning the screen on behind her.

"Why did I have to sign an NDA?" I ask.

"No one gets close without an NDA," she says, winking. Others start to walk in.

"You can go back to where you were." With her last statement, I started to feel irritated with her curtness.

"What a bitch." I said this under my breath, walking back to the chair in the corner. Someone swiftly takes my seat, and before I can select the one next to it, another person claims it.

I make my way to the other side of the room, where there is an open space near the glass window.

The proximity to her makes me prefer to stand in the corner rather than take a seat. I sit at the end of the seat, resting my legal pad on the shoulder.

Her ability to be in control turns me on as I watch her command the room with her voice.

For an entire hour, I burnt a hole in the side of her face. She concludes the meeting. I grab my things, getting ready to head out the door.

"Just a moment, Ms. Monae." She calls out in the room. I stop in my tracks and take a seat in the closest chair.

The room is empty, and she walks to the door, locking it.

Her heels click on the wood floor, and she steps up onto the platform, kneeling on the seat next to me.

I watch her legs kneel on the couch, I feel the sexual tension rising. "What did you say?" She says this, grabbing my chin and turning my face to her.

My eyes look down at the unbuttoned shirt, revealing her red-laced bra. I look back up at her dark eyes and chuckle.

"What a bitch." She grabs ahold of my cheeks, squeezing them and applying pressure with her manicured nails.

"Ah, I knew you would start speaking up at some point." She lets go of my cheek, standing up straight.

She straightens her skirt and starts buttoning her shirt.

"I think I might like having you around." She says buttoning the final button.

"See you tomorrow morning." With that, she walks to the door, unlocks it, and does not look back.

I walk to my desk as she makes her way to the elevator. Observing her every move makes me feel slightly menacing, but she commands my full attention with each step she takes.

Someone clears their throat, making me look away.

"You should wipe the drool from your chin," she mocks, cackling in my face.

"Very funny, Miah." I respond rollling my eyes.

"Look at you; you are already fitting in, and it is only day one."

I shoo her away and return to the online training I have scheduled in the itinerary. Miah walks back over to my desk, placing a note pad on it. She smirks and walks away from me.

When I pick it up, I see the boss's number written on it. I smile at the paper, ripping it up, crumbling it, and throwing it in the trash.

I grabbed my phone, putting in the number I had already memorized in my contacts.

3 hours later...

I shut down the computer and grab my phone, making my way out of the office.

"Gone so soon." Miah calls out from behind the desk.

"See you tomorrow, Miah." I say, walking into the open elevator doors, turning around, winking at her, and pressing the button to go down.

I recalled the ticket requiring validation and made my way to the security area. I hand him the ticket, and he scans it.

"Have a good night; see you tomorrow. What's your name?" I respond, pausing and waiting for his answer.

"It's Mike." I nod, making my way to the glass doors.

"See you tomorrow, Mike." I say pushing the glass door.

I reach in my pocket as I cross the street to the parking garage. I parked on the second level, so I took the elevator instead of waking the flight up. I walked over to my white 2023 Audi S3.

I text the boss before placing my phone on the wireless charging pad. As I grab my seatbelt, my phone on CarPlay reads her response aloud.

Nia Long: Rule #1: No texting me outside of work hours.

I roll my eyes, shake my head, buckle myself, and start the car.

I pull the car out of the parking spot and call out to Siri.

"Siri, text Victoria." I wait for Siri to ask me what I would like to say.

"Meet me at our spot; drinks on me." Siri alerts me that the message was sent.

I reach a stop light and tap on Spotify. I clicked on The Rush x Janelle Monae ft. Nia Long.

I dance in my seat at the stoplight, waiting for it to change, and mash the gas.

~~

For the sake of this book, they are not playing themselves. I fucking love this song!

We are heating up fast in this book; it is not time for slow burn.

I want the RUSH!