Chapter Twelve: Who's Charlie?

Royal smirks at Ben's question and slowly stalks his way over to the tied up boy, "Hm, well, I'm Royal Hearts, son of the queen of Hearts. AKA the prince of Wonderland. AKA your much better replacement."

Pan and Uma laugh at the strained look on the king's face. It's very obvious that he is uncomfortable, and they're loving every moment of it. Pan walks up to Ben's face and glares at him.

"You know," the girl starts, "I wish you would've never chosen me."

Ben's jaw drops and Uma comes over to build off of what her friend said, "Hmm, speaking of that, when you brought my girl here, along with Mal," her voice drags and her eyes roll, "Evie, Carlos, and Jay to Auradon, that's as mad as I've ever been in my life."

"I second that," Royal says, throwing his hat in the ring.

Uma smiles fakely and pats Ben's cheek, "And trust me, I've been plenty mad."

As the captain starts to walk away, it's clear that a revelation spark in Ben's mind.

"I never thought about it that way before," the king starts, "that I could've hurt the people I didn't pick. The plan was to start with four kids and bring more people over. I guess I was busy being King," he scoffs to himself, "that sounds lame."

"You know what else you were busy doing?" Pan says.

"What?"

"Mal."

Both Uma and Royal choke on their laughter for a moment before Ben sighs and turns his head toward the captain, "I'm so sorry."

The three of them quiet themselves for a moment longer as the king continues to plead with Uma.

"You're a leader, Uma. So am I. Come to Auradon and be part of the solution."

"Don't listen to him.."

Uma holds her hand up at Pan, effectively silencing the girl, "Me? Part of your solution?"

Ben looks at the girl hopefully as she leaves her question open ended. She leans forward slightly, making him hold his breath.

"Nah," Uma finally says, making the king sigh sadly and both Royal and Pan smirk, "I don't need you. I'm gonna get there on my own."

Uma shouts for Harry, letting him know it's time, before she turns back to Ben with a flirty face and grabs her mother's necklace, "Let's see what this puppy can do."

Uma walks away and Pan stands there for a moment longer. Her gaze is fixed on Ben with hatred burning in her eyes. Ben looks back at her with just as much intensity, but his eyes show sadness instead.

"I always told you you wouldn't last a day here."

"Charlie, let's go," Royal says to the girl, cutting her off from talking to Ben any longer, and gently pulling her away from her ex.

Ben looks at the duo confused, "Charlie? W-Who's Charlie?"