17. apologies

seventeen         

.         seventeen          .         apologies
                              [ narrative ]
                          JUNE 5TH, 2024
                                Make Up
                              kate's pov

.                            ✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

"JUST TRY to get him to hear you out one last time. He was close to crumbling, Kate!" Brady informs. "If it doesn't work then you can stay in your room and sulk, but I think you should try one more time."

"He doesn't wanna see me!" I reply, and brady gives me a look.

"Just— one last time! Please!" He begs, and I sigh.

"Fine. You're my ride, let's go." I mutter, and he cheers.

"Sweetheart, let's go!" He shouts, "we're taking Lauren to my house so she can win connor over!"

Lauren walks back into the room. "Again? Is that a good idea?"

"Yes! He was so close to walking out and asking her to not leave on the walk with Bailey, but he stopped himself." Brady explains. "So c'mon!"

Lauren grabs her phone and follows her boyfriend out of the room, the two holding hands as I trail a little behind them.

I had talked to Malachi a lot recently, and he told me him and his girlfriend broke up. He'd been a little sad, but nothing crazy, and he told me he started working at a summer camp and he'd made some good friends so far.

I enjoyed catching up with him, and I hoped I'd be able to inform him of good news sometime soon... like maybe that me and Connor are friends again.

I also hoped he'd visit again soon, because I don't get to see him all that often. He's my absolute best friend, along with summer, and I see her all the time, so it's a little sad he lives so far from me.

Before no time, we've arrived at the noon's house, and I remember the task at hand. Crap... connor.

"Don't be nervous, Kate, you got this." Brady says encouragingly.

"Right..." I nod, "okay. Uhm... wish me luck."

I hop out of the car, heading into the house right behind brady. I head up to Connor's rooms, taking a second before knocking.

"What now, Br—" he pauses when he sees me, he sighs. "Kate, I—"

"Please, Connor!" I beg. "I hate that you're mad at me."

He doesn't really say anything, just looking at me awkwardly.

"Fine." He mutters, letting me into his room.

Bailey hops up on his bed as I sit down, laying down next to me with her head on my lap.

"You can't seriously still be mad at me, Con. It's been days and I cancelled! I seriously can't do anything else for you." I beg.

"I just..." he sighs.

"Please forgive me, Connor." I say desperately.

"Kate, let's not." He mutters, and I feel tears pricking my eyes.

Goddamnit, I didn't want to cry.

A tear falls out of my eye and I angrily wipe it away, trying to not let him see. His face softens.

"Kate, are you crying?" He asks, and I shake my head.

"No..." I mumble, quite obviously lying.

"Yes you are." He deadpans.

"Am not..." I snap, hating that he knows me so well.

"Please don't cry, pretty girl, I'm sorry." He whispers. "I'm so sorry, I forgive you. I didn't know you were this upset..."

"Well I am, because— well..." I hesitate. "Never mind! The reason doesn't matter!"

"Well..." he scratches the back of his neck awkwardly. "The reason I got so pissed was... because—"

"Because what, Con?"

"Because I like you, okay?! You were right, I was jealous." He snaps, "shit, I'm sorry, crazy girl, I didn't mean to be rude."

I totally disregard his rude tone. "You— you like me?"

"Yeah," he nods. "As if it wasn't obvious."

I smile, grabbing his face and kissing him gently. He reciprocates immediately, grabbing my waist and kissing me passionately.

My stomach feels like there's an entire zoo in there with how intense the butterflies I'm currently feeling are.

When we pull back, he smiles as he kisses my nose once. "I've waited way too long to do that, crazy girl."

"Yeah?" I ask, and he nods.

"Ye—"

"Hell yes! Woo! Finally!" Brady shouts as he enters the doorway. "About damn time you two made up!"

"I'm sorry for agreeing to that, Con." I mutter. "I should've considered your feelings and asked first before agreeing, let alone even agreeing in the first place. You were right, he's my ex for a reason."

"You won't say yes to another ex?" He asks, and I nod. "You promise?"

"I promise, C."

"Good." He sighs in relief. "Whaddya say we hang out?"

"I would love to, Con." I laugh, cuddling up to his side since i feel a little more confident in my feelings and his after the kiss.

I'm so so glad I got him to forgive me.

.                            ✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

jenna speaks!

I know this is a really short chapter, but I'm hoping to have a longer one soon!! You guys will like the next two chapters ‼️

I hope you all enjoyed and I love you all so much!! Idk when the next chapter will be out because I'm on vacation so I'm not writing that much!