19. DTR (part two)

nineteen         

nineteen          .         DTR (part two)
[ narrative ]
JUNE 7TH, 2024
Make Up
kate's pov

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

"CONNOR AND you are hanging out again, right?" Malachi asks me as he continues to look away from his phone screen, up at something across the room. He laughs in reply to whatever it is.

"Yeah. I'm pretty sure he likes me back, Mal. I'm not sure how to go about it, though." I admit, and he finally looks at me... or rather the small frame of me he can see over the FaceTime call.

"Just... ask him out. You've been blind as a bat the whole time, obviously he's whipped for you." Malachi deadpans. "Oh, and I'm hanging out with Liz tomorrow. I'm thinking about asking her out on an actual date... but I wanna test how she feels about me first."

"Mal that's amazing! Let me know how it goes, please! I wanna meet her so badly." I smile, and his face lights up.

"That reminds me! She's like, a huge fan of you. She adores your music and when I told her we were friends she went crazy. You wouldn't mind meeting her? She'd be so happy." He explains excitedly. "But you don't have to if you'd be uncomfortable meeting a fan. I get—"

"Mal, if you like her she can't be crazy enough to intimidate me. Of course I'd still want to meet her. I'll try to fly in when I can, okay?" I raise an eyebrow, and he nods.

"You're the best, Kate. Thank you." He says seriously, and I'm a little shocked.

We're best friends, but we aren't ever really that serious with each other unless it's because I was crying over something. He always made sure to drill it into my head that I'm not alone and can call him any hour of the day, he'll help me.

That's why I'm so grateful I found connor, because after our first experience talking I know I can depend on him too, and I won't have to constantly go to Malachi with my issues.

I love Mal, and he's my absolute best friend in the universe, but I've cried to him so many times it's a little embarrassing for me... granted, I hate crying so I made sure he didn't actually see my face, but he calmed me down numerous times when I needed it.

Sometimes I'm sad I can't really return that favor for him and be there when he needs me, but he's really closed off about his feelings and never really admits when he's upset.

Sometimes I can tell anyways, like when him and his ex broke up he was sorta in a daze for a week before I helped him finally snap out of it, but by then he had already signed up for his camp and was ready to distract himself.