Co Parenting?

"Fatima relax," Zac was trying to hold her as she cried hysterically looking over Dinorah.

"I told you!!" Fatima yelled at him pushing him off her. "I fucking told you Zac!!! WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST LISTEN??!!"

"This shit my fault?" Zac asked her. "Your friend chose this shit not me!"

Fatima started to go off on Zac, so much so she forgot the kids were watching and she damn near lost it on him. She finally calmed down and focused on the matter at hand. She called the authorities to get this situation handled. Police questioned her and Zac and also jr and he told them everything. After, Fatima took Jr and Zendaya to her house and Zac took Amir and the girls with him.

The following week,

Amir was still on his rampage. He was so angry at Zac at Fatima at everybody. It got so bad, they had to pull him out of school. He hasn't even shed a tear about Dinorah passing or the fact that Jr now has to live with Dinorah's mother, a whole hour away, it's like he was shut off from everything and all he could feel was anger.They still talk on the phone and everything but it's not the same for the two of them. Fatima was going through it. Depression was taking over her mind, she tried to maintain it as best she could because she still had to stay healthy for those babies she's carrying. Both her and Amir resented Zac now. Amour and Amari have been with Fatima's parents for the last week and Amir is still staying at Zac's house but it's hell in there.  It's Saturday morning, the day of Dinorah's funeral. Zac and Amir had just finished getting ready and was headed to pick up Fatima because he knew she wouldn't be able to handle it on her own today. She decided to not take the girls with her and just leave them where they were. The service went smoothly and they were headed to the burial. Fatima road in the family car with Dinorah's family and Jr.  Amir and Zac rode to the burial together. When they pulled up, everything went normal until it wasn't.

Zac noticed Amir's facial expression change and he started walking towards the car and Zac followed. Quickly, he realized Ricky was walking up. Zac was wondering what he was even doing there but he didn't say anything.

"Wassup Amir," Ricky greeted him. "Where's your mother?"

"What are you doing here? You know mommy wouldn't want you here! She told you that." Amir says.

"I know but I wanted to still come make sure y'all were okay." Ricky explained. "I'll just go."

"You don't have to leave dad I was just saying." Amir told him and Zac was looking confused because when did Fatima and Amir talk to Ricky and since when did he address him as dad. Zac brushed it off because of the situation and stood there allowing them to talk. 

Fatima noticed them from the distance and began walking over. "Hey," she hugged Ricky. "Thank you for coming."

"No problem," he says.

"You remember my husband, Zac" she re introduced them because it's been years.

"Yeah, Wassup bro." Ricky extended his hand for a handshake and Zac just nodded at him.

"Zachary don't be rude," Fatima rolled her eyes. "Amir wanted his father here."

"And I'm here," Zac responded.

"You are very much his dad but so is-"

"How is he? Because where has he been the last 7 years?" Zac asked her.

"You really want to do this right now?" She asked him.

"Naw," Zac says. "I'll wait in the car for y'all."

.............

Once the burial rapped up, everyone was headed home. Fatima didn't know why Zac was upset because she thought Amir ran that hit of information by him. Initially she had said no but Amir kept asking. Little did Fatima know Amir was being spiteful.

The car ride was silent and awkward and Fatima was facing the window and Amir was just in the back on his phone.

"Y'all hungry?" Zac broke the silence but his tone was still cold.

Silence filled the car.

"Y'all don't hear me?" Zac asked.

"Amir, answer your father." Fatima instructed.

"No I just want to go with my real dad." Amir spitefully says.

"Cool," Zac continued driving and Fatima turned around giving Amir a look. She was finally catching on to what he was doing and she was not happy about it.

"Why are you doing that?" She asked him.

"What?" Amir made a face.

"Indirectly disrespecting your father like he's not sitting right there! I don't like it." Fatima says.

"He's no dad," Amir shrugged. "All he wants to do is yell and punish me."

"Amir he practically caters to your every fucking need and want so stop it! What you did a few weeks ago was wrong and deserved punishment." Fatima explained. "And I won't allow you to treat him like this in my presence especially over somebody who probably won't contact your ass after today! You think Ricky is a better dad? Try staying with him! You'll never see half the shit you have now."

"You're only defending him because he's your boyfriend again!" Amir snapped. "The only time you two get along is when y'all fucking up my day!"

Zac pulled over faster than Fatima could blink but she was able to grab his arm before he got out of the car, "Zachary I'm asking you not to, he's going through a lot."

"And so are you! But that doesn't give him the fucking right to speak to you in that way Fatima," Zac told her. "Let me go."

"Okay and I get that but I don't need you to just be hitting on him." She says.

"Hitting on him? Stop projecting because I don't do what Zel did! I correct him when necessary!" Zac snatched away from her. "You don't want me to correct him, cool I won't. He doesn't want me to be his father, I won't do that either. I'm exhausted with this shit Fatima."

"He's a child Zac!" Fatima snaps.

"A child who needs to learn respect! You want to keep talking to him and that's clearly not the fucking answer."

"Neither is fucking whooping his ass! You see Jr?"

"Alright Fatima," Zac was over the entire situation at that point. He felt like Fatima was against him in any decision making when it came to the kids so he let her have it. It was becoming hard because while she was stopping him from correcting him, Amir still was staying with him.

Once he picked up the girls and dropped them off at the house along with Fatima, he headed to the house with Amir.

The next morning Zac woke up with a more clear mind and decided he'd take Amir out for a father son day and try to clear some of that tension. He started by making breakfast since he saw that Amir wasn't up yet. During that time Fatima and the girls had called.

"Mommy said we can come today!" Amour said with attitude once Zac let her know he was taking Amir out and he could come get them tomorrow.

"Mour, I understand that but I told you that I have something to do. Can you please wait until tomorrow?" He asked her.

"Fine," she threw the phone back at Fatima and walked away.

"She definitely has your attitude," Fatima chuckled. "But why does you taking Amir out have to be all day? I mean it is your week anyways so I don't see the problem?"

"Yes it's my week you're absolutely right. However, you've had them for 1 day of your entire week so one more day won't hurt. I need to fix this with Amir." Zac explained.

"Don't say it like I just didn't want to have them!" Fatima rolled her eyes. "Don't worry about it, y'all have fun." Fatima hung up in Zac's face before he could say anything. He didn't let that bother him. He brushed that off and went upstairs to wake up Amir and what he discovered when he opened the door made his heart damn near stop.