LOOK OF JOY AND ADORATION...

Dear Child of God,

Most of us have seen clips of Bridgerton: Queen Charlotte on facebook or instagram. One that I love most is the part where Queen Charlotte had just put to bed and King George took the baby out of the room so that she could rest. He stood as the child laid in his arms. He looked at his Prince with what seemed to be adoration and joy. Queen Charlotte's brother came and spoke to him. While the King gave his reply, his focus was still on his prince. Then his mother came and she asked if the Prince was showing any signs of the illness the King had, you know, the one where he is in the heavens. King George replied with his gaze still fixed on the child "He is the Prince. Can he be anything but perfection?"

Sometimes we tend to forget who we are and how much we are worth. The way I see King George and the Prince is the way I see God and us, his children. The only difference is, even before we were born, He has always stared at us in adoration and joy. I imagine God looking at us his children with an unquenchable smile. He looks at us and tells us "You are my child. Can you be anything besides who I say you are?" And through the bible we see who God calls us, who God says we are. We see chosen, friend, child, temple of the Holy spirit, masterpiece and the list continues. I looked up the definition of masterpiece and I saw "a person's greatest piece of work". We are the Pinnacle of God's creation. We are worth more than what we could ever imagine.

Most of us know these things yet, the devil has some level of audacity to tell us we are nothing. He tries to tell us who we are not and He knows we are not those things but maybe if he tells us and repeats it again and again, we may believe him, the master of lies. He can whisper it in our heads or even send people to tell us. Name callers as I like to describe them, say you are-"ugly, fat, skinny, a sinner that will never be forgiven, thief, liar, among others." Most times, it happens when we fall, when our esteem is down and mostly when we don't even know or understand who we are in Jesus. Like I told my friend a few days before writing this chapter, if you want to know and understand things just open the bible. If you really want to understand who you are and how God sees you, just open the bible and read through. Get a paper and write down the things you see and you'd be surprised at what you unfold. Opening the bible is not just a one time thing. It's something we should do again and again and again. When you are sad and think less of yourself, open the bible. When you fall and think God will never ever forgive you, open the bible. The Bible serves as a constant reminder of how much love God has for us. Some may even say it's a thousand pages of words of affirmation.

With this, I'd like to remind you that it doesn't matter what the devil says, it doesn't matter what people think, what matters is who God says you are and believe me, they are wonderful. Live up to the standard of your identity. So today imagine God staring down at you, with a wide smile and a look of joy and adoration while he says "You are my child, can you be anything but who I say you are?"

God bless you.

***
Please be a blessing to other readers by dropping words of encouragement, bible verses, experiences and testimonies. God bless you dear reader.