THE ICE SKATING RINK...

Dear Child of God,

Let me tell you a story:-

Alina called Joan that night and invited her to go ice skating along with Anino and Alero. The four were so excited, especially since it was Joan and Anino's first time. When they got to the mall, the four decided to eat before skating. They spoke about a lot of things especially cultural dynamics since Joan and Anino were new in the country. The food was definitely different, the languages, the body language, a lot was different but who says different isn't fun?

After eating, it was time to skate. Anino forgot her jacket and decided not to skate since it was too cold. The other three went ahead. They changed their shoes and went in. Alina took off with skating and picture taking. Alero also went ahead but looked back and noticed that Joan was having a hard time moving I'm anyway. So she went back to Joan:
"What's wrong?" She asked
"This is my first time being here. I don't know how to skate." Joan replied
Alero took her by the hand that instant and began to teach her the basics on how to move and stop. It was working out fine and so they both went to join Alina to take some pictures.

After picture taking, Joan decided she wanted to move around so Alero took her hand and they went. As the moved, Alero told Joan
"Wait here, I'll quickly see Alina." and she left.

Joan stood for awhile but decided she wanted to try moving herself. So she took the first step, it was good, she took the second step, it was good but on the third step, she slipped and almost fell down. Alero saw this from afar and ran towards her to help her move. As she moved with Alero, Joan heard God say

"Isn't that how life is with and without me?"

Tears filled Joan's eyes and she stepped out of the rink.

When we find ourselves in a new place, it's mostly difficult to move around and associate with people especially when there's a huge factor like different cultural backgrounds. It could even be a new workplace or a new school that is totally different from the old one or maybe a higher position that has different requirements and expectations from the old position. We all have that new phase that we walk into where things seem different and we can easily get lost. So the question now is, how do we survive?

Joan couldn't move when she got into the new environment and yet, she didn't call for help. Isn't that how we are most times? We face difficulties and don't ask God for help or guidance. Joan was told to stay on a spot for awhile but she decided to move on her own free will and she almost fell. Isn't that, again, how we are most times? God gives us an instruction and we feel we can handle the situation by ourselves and so we go against His instructions and fall down hard.

The solution to most of our problems is just listening to God and seeking Him in everything we do. Let us put God in the center of everything we do.

God bless you.

***

Please be a blessing to other readers by dropping words of encouragement, bible verses, experiences and testimonies. God bless you dear reader.