BEAUTIFULLY INCOMPREHENSIVE...

Dear Child of God,

"God loves you", "Jesus loves you", these are statements that are used frequently and even misused more frequently. Even though we hear it multiple times, there are a number of people out there that still don't understand the love God has for us as His children. People even wonder "You mean God loves me, a sinner as much as He loves his devoted members that do everything He expects consistently?... Nah, that's not possible." It is possible and we'll talk about some part of it briefly below.

In the book of 1 John 4 from verse 7, the apostle John tells us how it is that we love one another because love comes from God. He goes further to say in verse 8 "God is Love". God doesn't only show love, He is love so the absence of love is the absence of God. Why is this important? Well, if we go to the book of 1 Corinthians 13 from verse 4, Paul defines what love is. He said "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonour others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." If you were to replace the word "love" with "God" then maybe we can understand some part of the love of God.

God is patient, God is kind, God does not envy, God does not boast, God is not proud, God does not dishonour others, God is not self seeking, God is not easily angered, God keeps no record of wrong, God does not delight in evil but rejoices in the truth, God protects, trusts, always hopes, perseveres and most importantly God never fails. Through the bible we see that God, Jesus and the Holy spirit meet up to the above. God was patient with the children of Israel, Jesus did not boast about being the Son of God and the Holy spirit protects us.

Of all I mentioned above, two are first in line that I'd like you to think about. God keeps no record of wrong and God never fails. When we sin, we all fall short and we feel bad. Depending on the type of offence, we feel God will never forgive us but if God is love and love keeps no record of wrong, all we have to do is repent and God will not use it against us. He will not count it against us because that is His nature. He forgives. The guilt you feel that makes you feel God will never forgive you is certainly not from God. That is the devil. What about when we need things or we need the help of God? It may seem to take time or it may seem like God isn't working at all but He is always with us because it is not in His nature to leave us or fail us.

In summary, God forgives us and God never fails us. God is love. "Why?" you may ask. Well, it is just his nature and we can never fully understand the nature of God but it is beautiful. No one can love like God and it is a beautiful thing to be loved by an incomprehensive lover.

God bless you.

***

Please be a blessing to other readers by dropping words of encouragement, bible verses, experiences and testimonies. God bless you dear reader.