Son of a Witch

*Act 2, Scene 1*

"Why me?" Ryan cried out, still stuck suspended in the branches of what he only assumed was an oak tree.

"Why did Capital City do this to us? Why was my family... why was I spared?" Ryan thrashed at the cords binding him, to no avail.

Ryan opened his eyes and there he saw a snake, creeping across the branches.

"H-hey, little fella, I like snakes. You wouldn't hurt me, right? Wanna hang out with me?"The snake bared its fangs and lunged at Ryan.

"Aah!" Ryan startled, breaking the branch he was hanging on.

Ryan and the snake fell a few feet to the ground. But to Ryan's surprise, the snake was levitating off the ground.

"Magic snake, hm? Well, what snake isn't?"

The snake revealed its form as a witch!

"Ahaha," cackled the reptilian woman on her broom.

The witch drew a little symbol in the air. From the symbol erupted a torrent of flames. Ryan failed to dodge, but was saved by another witch!

An owlkin witch sent forth a whirlwind of frost, eviscerating the serpent blood.

Suddenly, a third, fox-like witch leaped out of the bushes with some form of acid claw attack. The fox witch's attention turns to Ryan, they stare intensely at him with a creepy gaze.

"I gotta get the heck out of here," Ryan spat, loosening himself from the parachute.

Witch after witch arrived behind him to fight to the death, in what Ryan could only assume was a witch fight club?

*Act 2, Scene 2*

After wandering for hours, Ryan found the little girl he saved earlier, crying in the middle of a clearing.

"This is a trap," something spoke to Ryan.

Ryan didn't ignore the voice this time; he carefully examined the clearing, but failed to find anything out of the ordinary. Ryan approached carefully.

"Darling, where's your brother?" Ryan asked.

The child, still sobbing, managed to say, "We got separated. We were running and running, but I lost him."

"Follow me, we'll find him," Ryan reassured the girl.

Danielle joined Ryan's search, and after half an hour, they found him.

"Shh, it sounds like your brother is in trouble. Stay here," Ryan told Danielle.