The Dangerous Metal Man

*Act 3, Scene 1*

Thanks to a friendly caravan transporting gems to Metroglade from a local port, Ryan's long journey was merely a day's ride.

"Thanks for the trip, and your opinions on Africa's political climate," Ryan bids as he departs from the caravan.

In front of Ryan lies an advanced technological city intertwined with nature. The buildings twist with the trees, and cyclists skate across the sleek curves.

In bright neon lights: "METRO-GLADE."

Ryan continues into the city, the streets dirty with trash and glowing fluids. "Excuse me, sir?" Ryan asks the first person he spots.

"Um, yeah?" they respond.

"I'm looking for an elf man with a bunch of swords," Ryan claims.

"Dead or alive?" he asks in return.

"Alive, I hope," Ryan confirms.

"Your best bet outta be the police department, your next bet outta be the morgue," the man absconds.

Ryan wanders through the street looking for anything resembling a guard tower or outpost. After wandering for hours, Ryan is lost completely in this silicone jungle.

"You look lost," someone with a deep voice asks Ryan.

"I'm looking for a man," Ryan says.

Ryan turns. Shocked, he sees more machine than man: a chromed-up cyborg with circles for feet, cameras for eyes, and all the muscular enhancements available.

"I call myself Dwayne," he tells Ryan.

"Ryan... is who I am," Ryan stutters.

"You said you're looking for a man, have you any leads?" Dwayne asks.

"Not really, I thought something or someone could help me here," Ryan says.

Dwayne checks Ryan out, scanning him from top to bottom.

"Fleshy, weak, but you carry a powerful gun. If you're gonna track this guy down, you're gonna need some implants," Dwayne retorts.

Ryan doesn't think and agrees with Dwayne. He takes Ryan to an augmenter, where Ryan plans to receive optical enhancements.

"Welcome to the One-Stop Chop-Shop! Home of chrome upgrades for your organic parts," Dr. Ome greets the two.

"Hello, I have exactly 225 Coins, I need an eye enhancement to track an elf I've never met," Ryan requests.