Chapter 3: An invitation at their birthday party

Samantha's POV:
Phew! Now that's the last of it. I placed my sword back to its sheath and decided to go home to take a break.

I was so exhausted then that snake appeared in front of me again. I rolled my eyes and walked past him. But he just kept following me around.

"Sssss, looks like we meet again."

"Can't you just leave me alone? Or maybe you just wanted to eat me?"

He slithered around me and smirked...? "Maybe...but I just wanted to see you. Mind if I...take another peek?" He slowly reached the tip of his tail towards my mask but I just shoved it away.

"No."

"You can't ignore me forever."

"Are you sure?"

"Sure I'm sure."

"Bye, I'm going home now."

"Can you take me with you?"

"No."

"Please?"

"Nu uh."

"Pretty please?"

"Never. They might freak out if I brought a giant snake."

"Don't worry, I can take care of that." After he said that, he slowly shrunk until he became a lot thinner and shorter. He then wrapped himself around me. "Now, can I come?"

"Fine..." I groaned and continued on walking back home.

I snuck back to my bedroom and closed the door quietly.

I sat down on a chair and the snake was pretty amazed as he looked around my room.

"Did you... paint all this?"

Shoot. I forgot to hide my paintings.

"Uhh, heh...y-yes, I did." I slowly covered my paintings with my illusion magic but he slapped me with his tail.

"Don't hide them."

"Wha-"

"You're making me suspicious about you."

"What? Why?"

"You look s bit guilty. Did you stole them?"

"What?! I never stole anything in my whole life! Why would you think that?"

"Then don't hide them."

"..."

I was speechless. I'm so embarrassed with my paintings.

"You're paintings are beautiful, you know? I never seen anything like it."

I heard that phrase many times from my past life.

"Looks like I need to go now."

"Huh? Why?"

"Seems boring in here." He slithered away from me and crawled outside the window.

Then why did you even come here in the first place?!

And after that, he was gone. I sighed and got up from my chair and flopped down the bed.

I dozed off with my pillow on my head.

Zzz....

Zzz zzz....

"Milady, please excuse this servant. Their majesties have sent you an invitation to his highness's birthday."

"Come in."

Kate walked in holding an invitation and hand it to me.

For the first time in four years, that bastard finally decided to invite me to one of his boring parties.

"Please tell them I won't be coming."

"Why not, milady? They already sent a carriage to come pick you up tomorrow."

"Too lazy..." I grabbed my pillow and covered my head.

"But you still need to show up at his highness's party." Kate grabbed the pillow away from me and placed it aside.

"But I don't want to..." I said childishly.

She then sighed and got up. "You're still going, milady. The prince, himself, told me that he'll be expecting you at his place." And with that, she walked out of the room and closed the door behind her.

Guess I'll be sleeping outside tonight.

I got up from my bed and sneaked outside. There's no way I'll be going to his stupid boring party.

<>

Alexander's POV:
It was the day of my birthday. And I was exited to see her at the castle.

I wore my most perfect clothes and headed outside.

"Happy birthday to us brother." My younger twin brother, Alistair, greeted me.

"Yes, happy birthday." I greet him back with a smile.

"Let's go and greet our guests, brother."

"Yes, let's go." We both head out to the entrance and we bumped into the others.

"Oh, hey Jack."

"..." He just nodded at us and proceeded to the hall.

"Heya Alex! Happy birthday to you and Alistair!" Our cousin Henry greeted us with a big warm smile on his face.

Oh no...there comes the hug!

Oomph!

"C-can't b-breathe!"

"A-air... W- we ne-ed a-air!"

"Oops, sorry guys." Finally.

"Please make your way to the hall." Alistair featured for him to go there and he nodded.

Several hours have passed but she didn't arrive yet.

I excused myself toy brother and went to the royal garden to breathe some fresh air.

"I wonder if she'll come tonight..." I mumbled and plucked out a daffodil.

"Who is this she that you're expecting, hmm?" I got startled and turned around to see Josephine, her stepsister, grinning at me.

"Umm, what are you talking about? I'm not expecting someone, hehe..." I smiled sheepishly.

"You found someone, didn't you?" She asked teasingly as she turned her attention to the daffodil I was holding.

"Uhh, kind of..." I hid the flower behind my back and quickly looked away.

"Would you mind telling me who?"

I hesitated for a moment if I should tell her or not.

"Maybe next time."

"Fine..." She pouted and left. I was alone again.

I waited for her for a long time but yet, she didn't arrive.

I don't think she's coming...

I'm so hopeless...