Chapter 4: Did she really refuse?

Samantha's POV:

"Milady! Where were you yesterday?!" Kate asked worriedly, checking me if I got myself hurt

"I just went for a walk at the forest." I said casually but she wasn't so sure if I'm being honest.

"A walk at the forest? For the whole day?! You're lying!" Does she even know who she was? She's just a maid...but she's been with me ever since I was an infant. But now, I wonder what made her care for me so much for the first time in four years.

Kate spent hours of scolding me and I feel like my eardrums are going to burst from listening to her nonstop scolding.

After a few more hours, she finally stormed out of the room and left me alone.

Yes!! Now I can have my sleep!

I didn't get enough sleep for a week or two because of some missions that the goddess have gave me.

I closed my eyes and tucked myself to bed when that snake suddenly appeared out of nowhere. I was a bit startled by and he smirked smugly.

"Hey~ miss me?"

"I don't and get out of my room."

"Come on, you don't have to be so mean. I just wanted to check on you."

"I don't let strangers in my room."

"I'm no stranger, I'm your friend."

"I don't even know your name."

"Alex..."

"... what?"

"Call me Alex."

I think I heard that name before.

...

What?! That's the jerk's nickname!

I heard his brother and cousin calling him that.

"What about you? Aren't you gonna introduce yourself to me?"

"Get lost."

"You still haven't answered my question."

I stood up from my bed and grabbed him. I walked up to the window and opened it and held him outside.

"Wait, no! Please don't throw me! Just tell me your name and I'll leave!"

"No." I released him but his tail was tangled around my arm.

Argh!

"Name!! Tell me your name, please!!"

I sighed in annoyance and rolled my eyes "It's Samantha. Samantha Von Riccardo. Now, leave!" I shook him off of my arm but he just crawled towards and around my neck.

"I'm staying here."

"Why?"

"Because I want to be your friend."

"..." I got speechless hearing his words. No one wanted to be my friend in this world because of my annoying attitude. But...I kinda missed all my friends from my past life.

"Can I?"

I doubt that you're that stupid prince.

"And what if I say I am?" He spoke as he stared directly to my eyes with his aquamarine eyes.

What do you mean by that?

"What I mean is that I am the prince."

Prince?

...

No!! I knew it!! Get off me you bastard!!

I tried getting him off my neck but he just won't let go.