Benefit No. 1 - The straight struggles

Being lesbian or gay is considered bad, then everyone knows the disadvantages, but I'll show the good. Welcome to my blog. I'm Diksha, and here you'll learn about my story.

Since school, I wasn't interested in anyone. While everyone else was busy making boyfriends, I was wondering why I didn't feel anything when I looked at boys? When I was in 8th grade, there was a girl named Riya sitting near me. I thought, 'What's wrong with me? I don't even find Riya attractive.' Who am I? I'm not interested in anyone. Do I have to fall in love with leaves, flowers & Alien? Because I don't like humans.

I would often think while looking at boys, 'Poor Boys, they don't even get to hold hands, they talked to girls in secret too, writing letters so that no one would find out. Poor them! Guys and girls used to sit separately, so they couldn't even sit together in the same batch. It's so tough being straight because everyone assumes you're straight.

Straight people have to take so many risks for their love. Everyone's eyes are always on them, and if a boy and a girl hold hands, it's considered a scandal. They are labeled as 'gone'. Being ready to face mom's Bellan (Rolling pin) and dad's belt is a part of life.

Then I went to fill a water bottle, and there I saw Sam AKA Smrithi, I just kept staring. A new girl entered my class and I would make excuses to talk to her to borrow notes. We slowly became good friends. I could hold her hand, I could hug her. While boys were busy impressing girls by buying chocolates worth a thousand bucks just to see them smile, she smiled at me whenever I looked at her. Yes, her smile was like that of a friend, but it gave me butterflies in my stomach. My heart would flutter every time I sat next to her. In friendship, everything is normal.

It was childhood love. From there, I got the idea that there could be options besides boys. that's the benefit of being a lesbian.

Diksha shuts down her laptop. Just then.. Diksha receives a message, Smrithi's name is appearing on her phone.

"Where are you, buddy? Let's shower together today?"

Diksha devilishly smiles.