prologue

Hello everyone my name is Scarlett Gilbert . I have a younger brother named Jeremy and a older sister named Elena she's actually my cousin but since Jeremy and my parents adopted her she's a sister. I love them both a lot with everything I have Jeremy protects me and treats me like I'm the younger sibling but I know that it's just his nature even though sometimes it can be overbearing. Growing up we all spent a lot of time together always doing fun things like today we are gonna go to the park and hang out like always . Once we got there Jeremy and I wanted to go to the swings for a bit while Elena went to the slide . Jeremy and I saw people at the park that we normally don't see . They came up to us and one said "hi my names Tyler and this is my friend matt and his is Caroline and Bonnie" i said " hello my names scarlett and this is my younger brother Jeremy." Ever since that day we all became really close well besides Matt and I I mean he's a good guy but since he's dating Elena and for some reason Elena hates me we aren't super close like we're friends but I'm closer to Tyler and Caroline same with Bonnie she's a good person but she seems closer to Elena then the rest which is fine sometimes that's how it goes. Tyler and I are the closest though and I can honestly tell I have feelings for him and I think he does as well at least that's what Caroline said but I'm too shy to ask first so he would have to ask me out . We are always having fun and hanging out together being flirty so I think that could happen . But one day things changed he was seen with Matt's older sister Vicki and we just stopped hanging out he left me he totally abandoned me for some one who doesn't even care bout him she is just into his money and popularity.  She doesn't care about Tyler for who he is . I hope one day he sees it and we can be friends again and maybe be together as a couple but the one thing I hope is that when that day comes it won't be too late I think it might though to be honest . I'm in my room pretty much crying because he abandoned me my childhood best friend threw me in the garbage. Jeremy comes into my room and cuddles me he is seriously the best brother anyone could ask for I'm the luckiest girl in the world to him. Since our parents died Elena has treated us both like crap Jeremy doesn't even consider her a sister anymore because of how she acts she's always been like this but ever since our parents died she became worse. Jeremy asked if I wanted to order some Chinese food and watch movies to get my mind off of everything since today's Friday and we don't have school tomorrow I said sure. Sibling night sounds amazing . We ordered a lot of food and it arrived forty minutes later we sat and watched a few funny movies because Jeremy said he had to go to bed because he had to work at the grill tomorrow I said okay I hope you sleep good I gave him a hug and he hugged back and kissed me on the forehead I just hope that I can get some sleep as well and get my mind off of what has happened .