Origins

You were born into this universe. You were the heiress of a moderately wealthy family of horse breeders and Jockeys. From a young age there wasn't much expected for you, except for marriage. Yes, you were to marry a man who was 2 years older than you and was a man who would hail a rather nice position in the Italian court. Your family was a prestigious family who hailed from France, you guys were said to have been famous merchants back in the day, French ones at that. You where currently arguing with your father on the topic of your marriage, you where fourteen at this time.

"I am not marrying that man! I refuse to let you dictate my life!"

You were beyond pissed, you were told you would never have to worry about these things for a long time, considering the women in your family where treated well despite the time you lived in. Your father slapped you across the face as he yelled at you.

"Who taught you how to talk back you harlot!?"

     He pinched the bridge of his nose and grumbled as he continued to incessantly slam you with his words, saying things like how your family needed to connect with this good Italian family and how they needed this prestige and all. They were the King's executioners and the king just so happened to want some of France's most famous horses available. Why did you need to be sent along with the horses? Why did that family so desperately want to secure a bride for their son who couldn't have been that much older then you. Who needs a bride at 16? You where pissed but there was nothing you could do...or so your father thought.

     You had snuck out on a  supply wagon heading to St. Malo to transport some goods and you had also disguised yourself as a young stable boy from your family. Your house had so many minors employed, who would care of just one more stable boy made it into the mix? When you made it to St. Malo, your best chance of survival would be in a French traveling circus. They only had a select few performers so maybe you could get employed! Yes, (Y/N) Baudelaire would now become a nameless stable boy and would now become their next biggest thing! Everybody would forget about who you once were. Now...in order to achieve that...you had to actually reach the circus first.

"Excuse me! How much longer until we reach St. Malo, Sir?"

"Just 2 more hours sonny boy! Keep your eye on the horses will ya?"

You turned to look at the 6 horses your family sent, equestrian acts where becoming popular in the circus and luckily you had horse riding experience so hopefully that would get you accepted into the circus. You had only brought 200 with you, it was what your father had on him when you snuck into his room one night and it was also some of your birthday money as well. Not that you where ever given the permission to go out and spend it on anything anyways. You had also brought along a loaf of bread, a canteen of water, and a family photo tucked away inside a locket. Those all seemed like substantial things to bring after all. Y/N sat on the wagon and yawned before laying down and closing their eyes. When you woke up, you'd become someone new entirely.

...

Much time had passed since you had escaped your family, it had been about 8 years since then and you were now practically a star to the French circus, they called you Monsieur Élastique due to how flexible and agile you where while on your horse, Henrietta. "Monsieur Élastique had also built up a reputation as a rather promiscuous fellow who'd flirt with women and men all alike. "Men and women are the same, they're both equally charming!" Is what'd you'd say to the masses whenever they questioned you as to why. Your sexuality and allure only made the crowd love you even more. Now, to repay your Ring Master you have chosen to participate in the "Steel Ball Run" that has taken the continent by storm. Not only will you make France well known, you'll make the "Cirque à Roue Lilas" Globally famous!

"Oh (Y/N)...you've always been such a peculiar child to me, and it's wonderful seeing how much you've grown."
Monsieur Loyal, your boss man, patted you on the shoulder with a proud smile.

"You where always such a rambunctious little girl too, you stole all our hearts the moment you started performing! You had a gift."

"Haha yes well I've always loved entertaining others...wait...girl?"

Your eyes widened in shock. How? You had disguised yourself so well, you cut your hair short too. A million different questions and memories raced through your head. You where absolutely lost in your own thoughts before a hand reached to hold yours, gently waking you back to the present.

"(Y/N), I've been in show business for decades, longer then you've been alive. Of course I know."

He smiled. His smile was so kind. His eyes crinkled from the corners, a telltale show of the years that had passed for him, and his cheeks wrinkled when he smiled. He was truly such a joyful man.

"Listen, I understand you had your reasons. Me and the troupe all knew, I mean who where we to let a rookie performer fool us?"

He let out a hearty laugh as he lightly slapped his stomach in amusement before he looked down solemnly.

"Don't disappoint France, (Y/N)."

"...of course I won't, Monsieur. Thank you for everything!"

You smiled as you boarded your ship, you looked at your Ring Master, some members of your troupe who showed up one last time to see you off as the horn for your ship boomed. You turned away smiling as a mystical aura glowed around you. It was time to start the fun, and boy would America have a storm coming. Viva La France! Here I come Steel Ball Run!

__________________________________

Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading my first rewritten chapter for "I'll be Back" this was honestly a bit terrible on my end, I'm still practicing and trying my best so hopefully it'll get better from here on out! Has anyone noticed some of the plot hints I dropped in the chapter? Any guesses at all as to what might happen? Hopefully you guys also have some old songs in mind too! I still need a song idea for our MC's stand so feel free to recommend some funky tunes! See you guys in the next chapter!!

P.s your horse is named after "Henrietta" by the Frattelis

Your author,
Han