The beginning

The androgynously promiscuous Y/N strode to the registration booth, placing a bag of 1,200 coins on the counter for the teller. The stout man turned up to look at the performer, clearly a bit taken aback by their rather flamboyant attire. The teller quickly coughed into their fist before they handed Y/N a registration form as he began to list the rules of the race.

"When the $1,200 entry fee is paid there will be no refunds under any circumstance. The race will be held in 2 days no matter the state of the weather, please sign here to acknowledge the rules."

Y/n glanced down at the paper, they organized this really well, they thought as they picked up the glass pen begin signing.

"We'll record your fingerprints and your horses nose prints at the start of the day. Once recorded the exchange of horses or riders is strictly prohibited. This is your player identification card, along with a commemorative badge for the race. You are racer C-414."

"Ah, Merci Monsieur Petit!" Y/N chirped in their singsongy voice as they tucked away the card and badge into the innermost pocket of their vest before they quickly turned their head upon hearing some yelling.

"What the hell!? I was just making small talk. I was just curious why you have those things around your gun belt!"

It seemed like there was a conflict going on between two racers. Upon inspection it was true that the other racer, a very handsome one, had some weird metal balls in their gun belt and it looked like some sort of intimidation was happening right now with said steel balls? The long haired male responded in what could only be described as a very raunchy yet dry Italian accent.

"Is that so?"

Y/n couldn't help but gulp at his voice, it was so charismatic and charming! Y/n quickly stepped into the shadows as she watched nearby, not that it'd do her any difference considering the amount of flashy red she had decked out on her outfit. Still it was better then just standing in front of that booth and just gawking. What happened next could only be described as true alpha male behavior as it turned out, a racer had stolen $20 from that muscular Italian! Deserved. Y/n let out a small laugh as the nearby bystanders dragged the man away. The man continued to yell at the Italian before all of a sudden, the man turned to the sheriffs(?).

"If you're done talking give him his gun back."

This...was becoming more and more interesting! Was he really going to duel that man with two strange green balls? Y/n made their way closer to the front as a crowd started to form between the two. All within a blink the pickpocket man's muscles began to contort and twist into a spiral as he began to bleed from his mouth and nose. The Italian said something before the pickpocket aimed to shoot him again only to shoot himself and blast his brains out. Y/n let out a gasp as they covered their mouth at the sight of the gore. Did that guy just...shoot himself in the middle of a duel???
Y/n was shocked as the sheriff deemed it a fair duel and walked away, it was their first day in America and things where already so bizarre! Y/n quickly walked off as they thought about todays events...well that didn't matter now they needed lodging for the night.

It was the day of the Steel Ball Run as Y/N walked up to the finish line with Henrietta, listening to Stephen Steel was a bit of a chore as he talked about how "your hope will melt this ice!" Or whatever. When the race finally started Y/N quickly hopped on their horse and dashed off, slowly knocking off the amateurs in the back as they made their way to the front.

"What's this? Gyro Zeppeli has left the group! Racing solo! He's trying to make a clean getaway for the ful 15,000 meters!"

"Geez that guy's such a show off!" Someone next to her barked, she could've cared less as y/n promptly knocked them off their horse as she continued to remain at a constant speed, choosing not to speed up so early into the race. So that was the mysterious stranger's name...All of a sudden a dust storm had started to slowly rise up as Urmd Avdol continuously pounded into the side of Gyro Zeppeli's horse. All of a sudden the camel ran into cacti and was promptly eliminated! The rest of the race was a blur as Y/N managed to finish in 9th place when all of a sudden, it turned out that Gyro Zeppeli had disrupted the race!

"What in earl grey?..." y/n mumbled, unable to believe that he had done so, she hadn't even noticed as she was too busy knocking people off their horses! She was booted up to eighth place before she knew it. What was up with this bizarre race? She could only catch a glimpse of Gyro Zeppeli's face but she could she so much anger and disappointment beneath his eyes..he always seemed to catch her attention somehow. Well it was probably because he was usually the main suspect in whatever situation but she was just naturally drawn to him. But that didn't matter, she didn't need too much attention drawn to herself anyways or else people would find out she was a woman and her safety would be threatened. Just finish in the top 5 at the end of the race, that's all she had to do for France. She walked up to the stand as she grabbed a cup to take a swig of water. Geez it was way too hot in America. What a bizarre country.

———————
I was thinking about naming Y/N stand Voulez-Vous by ABBA, what are your thoughts?
For you horse fanatics, Henrietta, our horse, is a Turkoman breed!