chapter 1

! Author's note & Warnings !

1. This is bl / mxm story.

2. This book is the second book of my scum consort series. If you have read it, you already know the main plot. If you haven't, you can be confused form time to time. (Just ask me in the comments, if you are confused. )

3. This work is completely mine. And I seriously don't want to see it here and there. So, no repost is allowed.

4. I am gonna use simple english for it. And chapters can be short too. You all are welcome to read but there can be typos , silly mistakes and all that until I get the time to edit chapters.

5.Updates can be irregular until I announce a fix time.

ㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁ

"All I wanted was information from that useless guard dog of my brother. I never asked you to sleep with him. I didn't know your level goes to the guard dogs."

Xingchen's face turns ugly hearing those words. He, The chief minister of Zi kingdom never thought anyone would compare him to a useless guard dog.

But the words came from the emperor's twin brother who schemed against the emperor Zixuan to take the throne. Xingchen clenches his fists. He can't believe he was used as a part of this scheme. He indeed feels useless.

How could he share the confidential details with someone whom he met few months ago. When did he becomes so emotionally driven ? He should have seen against those curiosity. But he didn't. He loved prince Yang Xi with all his heart and soul. Never in his widest dream he thought Yang Xi could be the twin brother's spy.

His eyes turn red. At first he used to sympathize with the twin brother. Abandoned since birth, bullied in school, never loved by anyone but now ... He knows why ! That twin doesn't deserve love.

Those who can make used love as a bait to scheme , shouldn't be loved. Xingchen looks up. The soldiers were waiting for his order. Emperor Zixuan is still in danger. They needto charge. He nods slowly gripping his sword tight "let's go !"

It was a piece of cake to tackle the twin  brother and his spy Yang Xi. They were not ready. Neither they had training to fight. They can only scheme. Yet dare to call others useless. Xingchen's eyes falls on the twin's face.

It's hard to see the same face that he respects so much as his enemy. Why there is no difference between Emperor Zixuan and his brother Zemin ? 

The twin Zemin looks away with a smug face. Like reminding him he is useless. How Xingchen wishes to murder this person right in front of him. But he knows that would never happen.

His highness doesn't have any intention to punish his brother. One reason for this is twin Zemin hasn't directly harmed anyone physically.

But he finds it absurd. Emotional harm , indirect harm .. these are also a crime. Zemin is the reason two of his highness 's consort died. He is the reason of his highness's misery.

How could his highness forgive just because of his blood relation? He bites his inner cheeks to conceal his protests and captures his former lover Yang Xi who just pretended to love him for inside information.

The guards took Yang Xi away.

***

Xingchen let Zemin enter at the south west chamber of the main palace. Absurd. But he can't disobey his highness.

"Where is my father ?"

Xingchen stops his steps hearing the shout. But he decides to ignore it. He would waste a single word on this traitor.

"I asked you where my father is ?"

He again ignores the shout. He keeps himself busy searching the room properly. No weapon should be around a criminal. He needs to check.

Xingchen gaps as he feels a sudden pull on his wrist which he was not prepared for. He looks at the familiar yet the unknown face.

"listen guard dog , It's not my fault that you are a fool. Don't show your attitude at me. Where is my father ?"

Xingchen's icing glare didn't even bother Zemin so he jerks his hands to release the grip but he frowns at the difference of their strength.

"Just because I don't like to shed blood , doesn't mean I can't. I am also a royal blood remember. Where is my father ?"

Xingchen comes back to his right mind hearing the word royal blood. He can't disobey his highness "I don't know." He finally replies.

"DO Not Lie. You are the most loyal guard dog of my brother. You know it very well. Where did you keep him ?"

Xingchen struggles to release the grip on his arm "let me go. Or I will ..."

"Do what ?" Xingchen feels the grip loosens  "Stop your barking. Go search for my father."

"I don't follow your orders." He can't believe the audacity of Zemin.

But Zemin laughs "Then whose order you will follow ? Your lover Yang Xi ?"

Xingchen clenches his fists on deep hatred "You know why you got abandoned and bullied all these time ? Because someone like you don't deserve love."

The smug Smile disappears from Zemin's face. He rushed to grab Xingchen's collar "DON'T YOU FORGET YOUR POSITION , GUARD DOG..."

Xingchen pushed Zemin away "At least I don't need to scheme to achieve my position."

Zemin was about to punch Xingchen but before he could walk forward he feels an intense pain on his back. He looks down at his bloodied robe.

Xingchen widens his eyes. He noticed his his fake lover entering the room. But before he could react, the knife was already half way inside Zemin's body. 

"Guards !" He shouts without trying to catch his fake lover. The guards would catch him. He wouldn't dirty his hand.

"Ah !"

Xingchen looks down hearing a painful moan. His eyes falls on Zemin again.

Zemin gasps at Xingchen in pain.

Xingchen's lips form a little smile "I am just an useless guard dog of your brother. How can I save you ?

Zemin groans "You ... Don't .. need to save me.... It's ... For the best... If I die... There would ...no punishment for ...my crimes... Death is easy ... For me."

Xingchen's lips form a straight line. 'Death is easy ?'

ㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁㅁ