Beloved Yua, One Day...

Kaname was confused. This lovely lady makes his head spin with thousands of questions left unanswered.

"I don't want to disgrace your surname Miss Yua." He tried to get her to reconsider giving him her last name, but she wouldn't have it. She insisted he goes by the surname 'Kuran'.

"Kaname, you and I are more alike than you think. I've existed just as long as you have." She lied. "I have dreams of others like us. I even dream of their descendants. I would have given you my name if I wasn't sure you would honor it. The name Kuran is yours now." She beamed at him and he once again looks at her dazed.

"And besides, it was never mine to begin with." She left no room left to argue. Kaname sighed. This woman has quite the stubborn character.

"Oh that's right! Kaname, is this your hometown?"

Kaname smiled when she referred to him by his new name. "Yes indeed Miss Yua. I was born and raised in this very town. This town is the only thing I haven't forgotten so far."

Kaname went on to explain how he doesn't remember who he was before waking up as an immortal. It was like he was a ghost.

Yua reached her hand out and settled it onto of his, giving it a gentle squeeze. "You're not alone anymore, Kaname. I'm here now. And if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to stay with you. If you'd have me."

Kaname looked touched by her words. "I would love to have you around Miss Yua." Yua's heart warmed. "Please just call me Yua, you are my friend."

———

It's been around 20 years since that day. Forget days, neither Yua nor Kaname have aged a minute. Perks of being pure bloods I guess.

Kaname and Yua have become inseparable. Yua taught Kaname how to control his power when they're by themselves and also around humans. She also taught him about what were to happen if either of them bit anyone. Since then, both purebloods have been extra careful not to bite anyone. Instead, they often fed on each other. The first time they'd done so was quite... hectic. Yua would never have fathomed how attached she would become to Kaname. She'd even went so far as to tell him she knew the future.

She hadn't told him she was from another world. Nor did she tell him that his world was quite literally a manga. She lied. She lied to her best friend and told him that she had prophetic dreams, and often times even had visions during waking hours. And he believed her. He believed her with no second thought. After all, she was his savior, his light. What reason did she have to lie?

She felt guilty, yes, but it was necessary. As long as Kaname knew that she knew what was coming, he would listen to her decision because he would know that it was for the best. Just like he knew that letting Naomi throw her heart into the furnace was the only way to end the war between humans and vampires.

They had stumbled across Naomi 3 years ago. Kaname and Yua were out buying more peonies after their old ones died and had decided to stop by Doris' new stable. The beautiful mare had birthed an equally beautiful baby foal. Yua couldn't have been happier for her old traveling companion.

They were on their way back home -they were living together by then- when Yua bumped into Naomi. Naomi and Yua had instantly clicked. Naomi felt like she'd found a sister in Yua. She envied Kaname for having spent so much time with Yua while she herself was still traveling in search of others like them. Kaname himself was guarded against Naomi. He didn't like her very much but the both of them had an unspoken truce. Pretend like they liked each other for Yua's sake and hate on each other later. Simple and easy.

Unfortunately, Yua had already caught on about their blatant dislike for each other. And in all honesty, it scared her. Naomi was supposed to be the one who named Kaname. The one who loves him. The one who leaves him. But she didn't want him to go through that so she took Naomi's role in Kaname's life.

They spent a total of 11 months with Naomi. The dislike between Naomi and Kaname turned into a mutual friendship with endless teasing and mockery. But if Kaname was forced to choose between Yua and Naomi, he would choose Yua in a heartbeat. That was why he didn't try to stop Naomi when she threw her heart to be burned over and over for her precious humans.

At first Kaname thought Yua would be mad if she found out what her friend had done. When he told her, he didn't expect to see her a melancholy smile. 'That's right, Yua knows everything.' He reminded himself. That was the last time either of them thought of Naomi for at least a thousand years.

———

Seven hundred years later, Kaname had fought against many of their kind to win a crown and the title of 'King'. He knew how much Yua wanted peace between both species, no matter how beneath him he believed humans to be, he was still going to try. One step at a time.

King Kaname's first royal order was for pure bloods to not turn humans of their own will unless explicitly asked by said human or if needed to save their life. Pure bloods were also not allowed to kill as they please since everyone, Yua included, believed that it would be best to segregate humans and vampires. Keeping one side unaware of the other. After all, "Humans were hateful and jealous little bugs." Yua's words, not Kaname's.

Yua was the vampire world's sweetheart. She was a pure blood, who despite her aloofness, lent a helping hand to those who needed it. Vampire society claimed her as their Queen seeing how close she was to their King and Kaname did nothing to clear their confusion. After all, he wanted her to be his queen.

Unfortunately for him, Yua was starting to lose interest in the things around them and wanted to be put to sleep. Kaname didn't have the heart to oppose the one he loved most.

Yua slept for six thousand years. Tales of her kindness and otherworldly beauty spread throughout the homes of vampires and hunters alike. She was admired by many, but none loved her more than Kaname. Not yet, at least.

During those years of slumber, Kaname was given no choice but to marry and have an heir. His spouse gave him twins: A boy and a girl, before taking her life moments after birth from grief. Her husband, who she loved most, was in love with another. And worst of all, he resented her for pushing for marriage; for even existing. She'd wanted to do it earlier but vampire pregnancies last between two to five years. She wanted to at least birth her beautiful babies before leaving them behind. She knows she was selfish to do so but she didn't care. She was alone and no one could fill the void in her heart. No one.

And so, 12 minutes after the birth of her son, Eiji Kuran, and daughter, Touru Kuran, Yuna Kuran nee Hanadagi burst into a million crystal shards.

———

Kaname was glad he had one of each. Then he wouldn't have to father any more. Don't get him wrong, he wanted more. Just, he wanted the mother to be Yua. He didn't pay attention to the children he had with the Hanadagi woman. They were thrown into the far reaches of the castle and left to be raised by Nannies. He hadn't even looked at them. Not when they got married, when they had children, or when they died. Not once. He justified his actions by telling himself 'they weren't Yua's so they weren't mine'.

He missed his beloved Yua who stumbled into his life and turned his world on its axis. His Yua who grew depressed and went to sleep in the crystal catacombs beneath the Kuran castle. He stayed positive for her. She'd come back. She promised. Yua never breaks her promises. She would be back someday; he just needed to wait. And wait he did. He waited until he himself grew tired and went to sleep after thousands of years of waiting. He was put to sleep right beside her. Taking  her hand in his, he his eyes and drifted away.

'One day, we will be together again, and if need be, I'll give you reasons to live, Dear Beloved. One day, I will hold you in my arms again and we will go buy those pink peonies we liked so much. I'll take you horse riding, and we will stop by a tea shop and drink horrible earl gray before making our way home. Then, I'd brew a better tea for you and I as we watch the sun set and go to bed wrapped in each others' arms as we once did many millennia ago. One day. I promise.'