Ai Hoshino : The New Yua Kuran

Yua wandered the forest with a new face. She'd taken on the appearance of Ai Hoshino from a manga she read before waking up in the desert. She had no idea she was capable of such a thing until she panicked, remembering that she'd have to hide her face in case anyone recognized her. That was when she felt the bones in her face shift. She knew that capes and face coverings were too suspicious and would garner attention rather than avoid it.

The process of her 'transformation' wasn't painful or uncomfortable. It felt like her bones were being caressed by feathers. It felt itchy and it was an itch that she simply couldn't scratch. Regardless, she felt grateful for such an ability; it made avoiding people so much easier.

Yua used her new ability to become an idol and eventually became a model. It wasn't too hard because after all, Ai Hoshino was a beautiful girl.

———

"Ai! Look over here!"

"Ai! Over here!"

"Over here, Ai!"

No matter which world she'd live in, Paparazzi were always bothersome. Oh yeah, that's right, since she took on Ai Hoshino's appearance, she figured, why not take her name too?

She walked down the red carpet to her limo, surrounded by her bodyguards who were shielding her from crazy fans and the like. This was the life. Despite constantly wearing face masks and hiding from the paparazzi, she had more freedom than she ever did as Yua Kuran.

Her chauffeur drove her to her favorite bakery Petite Colombe. She walked into the bakery and froze. Zero and Ichiru Kiryu were sitting at a table wearing matching white coats. They looked around 10-12 years old. Around the age that Shizuka attacks their family.

The twins were looking up at you wide-eyed. They see you on TV all the time, but never thought they'd meet you at a place like this.

Yua smiled at the twins before going up to the cashier and ordering her usual apple cinnamon muffin and cardamom Arabic tea. She sat down at a table near the twins and went on her phone. After a couple moments, her muffin and tea were served and she still felt their eyes on her so she looked up and smiled, "Can I help you with anything?"

"You're really Ai!" Ichiru states in disbelief. Zero was quiet and still sported a wide-eyed expression.

Yua let out a breathy laugh and then a sigh. "Yes I suppose I am. Well, since you know my name, why not tell me yours?"

"I'm Ichiru and that's Zero. We're twins." Ichiru points to the older twin. Ichiru was practically bouncing in his seat.

"It's nice to meet you both. I've actually never met twins before. Why don't you come sit at my table so we can chat easier?" The twins practically flew over to Yua's table. Each taking a seat on her side; Ichiru on the left and Zero on the right.

Yua sipped her tea and decided to give her muffin to the twins. She split it in half and presented the treat to the silverheads who were eye-ing her dessert earlier. The trio continued talking about the most random things until Yua decided to speak her mind.

Yua looked down at the twins. "Ne, Ichiru, Zero, you seem a bit young to be all by yourselves. If you don't mind me asking, where are your parents?"

"They came here with us but then their friend called them for work. We live nearby so we're quite familiar with the area. You don't have to worry about us Miss Ai." This time it was Zero who spoke up.

Yua squealed. "Eeek, you're both just so cute, I can just eat you whole!" Yua pinched the twins cheeks. She felt a sharp cold blade pressed up against her neck. "Let go of my sons, vampire." The twins' father spat. Ai let go.

The twins looked surprised. Ai...was a vampire? No, that was beside the point. The twins looked up at their father in horror. He was going to kill Ai! "Dad stop! What are you doing!?" Ichiru whisper-yelled. Zero jumped out of his seat and tugged at his dad's arm. "She didn't do anything wrong! Leave her alone!" Zero defended her. Zero clung to her waist, afraid that his father really would kill Ai.

Seeing his sons become so defensive over a vampire was surprising to the patriarch of the Kiryu family. This was the last thing he'd expected to happen when his wife sent him to bring their kids home. He lowered his blade and took a step back.

Now that he thinks about it, where did he see her before? The TV in the corner of the shop turned on and showed Ai in her Idol uniform dancing and singing on stage. He looks at Ai, the Tv, Ai, Tv, Ai, Tv, Ai....

"EHHHHHHHHH!?" Mamoru Kiryu stumbles backwards. "You're Ai!?" Now she knew where Ichiru gets it from. "Yes I suppose I am" she replied the same way she did to Ichiru.

"No! Not that!" Mamoru shrieked. "You're the same Ai who deposited a total of  7,586,300,000 yen (50 million USD) towards the development of the three major orphanages for the kids whose parents were killed by Level-Es and other vampires. You even deposited an additional 3,793,150,000 yen (25 million USD) towards the hunters association for future development!" He pointed a pale trembling finger at Ai who only looked up innocently at him with a smile.

After hearing about everything she's done for not only their parents, but also orphaned children, the twins felt their jaws drop to the floor. They were right, Ai was a saint.

Mamoru apologized profusely to Ai who only laughed it off. "There's really no hard feelings. If I were in your position, I would've done the same. After all, you're a parent, it's only natural that you worry for your children."

Before anyone can say anything, Yua's phone rang. It was her manager calling. "I'm sorry but I have to go. It was lovely meeting you, Mamoru, Zero, Ichiru. Be good for your father, boys. Toodles!" She skipped out the door to the car.

"Hello?" Yua brought the phone to her ear.

"We found her."