Episode Two

{I obviously figured out how the gifs work, turns out I just needed to update my computer, which should've been obvious since the computer kept telling me to update but I'd always ignore it. I really don't deserve my computer. Please keep voting on Episode Fifteen in Part Two question I have at the end, I'm still keeping track, just laying down the groundwork for Season Three, which will be a big one. Anyways, so now we're on season 3, I will probably have longer episodes because I have my own side plot I'm now really putting in and there are only fourteen episodes, so I need to make sure that it all fits. I'm sorry I've been putting out four short episodes now. There are also medical inaccuracies at the bottom of the chapter, but just go with it, please}

"Listen up. In the wake of recent events, several changes have been instituted department-wide. Officer Bradford, you want to read the top line change?" Grey says, starting roll call.

""Any officer requesting a copy of a police report must get written approval by a sergeant. After use, all copies must be destroyed. Failure to do so will result in discipline.""Tim reads aloud with Ana standing next to him.

"Officer West?" Grey calls on Jackson next.

""Every recruit in the academy must now report all contact with active-duty officers, no matter how small."" Jackson reads aloud.

"And Officer Nolan." Grey finishes.

""No officer shall buy, own, or possess a phone, without also providing the department with the number."" Nolan reads aloud.

"Do I have to tell my girlfriend about it, too?" Smitty asks, making everyone laugh.

"These changes are necessary. What Nick Armstrong did has tarnished the badge and made all of our jobs harder. We have to prove to the community that we are still worthy of their trust. And I know each and every one of you will go the extra mile to do that. To business. Among our new faces is Officer Doug Stanton. Where you at?" Grey says.

"Here, sir." Stanton raises his hand.

"Officer Stanton will be taking over the training of Officer West. And finally, we've been asked to man the Fourth Street Community Center this week. Harper, Nolan, you're up. Cabrera, you're back with Bradford and Chen" Grey assigns.

[Timeskip]

"how are your grandparents doing after everything?" Lucy asks as they grab the gear.

"oh" Ana murmurs, softly, it's only been a day since they left and she hasn't told anyone yet. "they left"

"they left?" Lucy questions, confused.

"yeah" Ana sniffles. "they found some retirement home about two hours from here, said that after being kidnapped and everything... it felt too much like Cuba, they didn't feel safe"

"wait, so they just up and left?" Lucy asks.

"yeah" Ana whispers.

"oh Ana" Lucy says, rubbing her arm.

"I just-... I wanted to keep them safe, I wanted to be able to make them happy after everything they've been through" Ana explains, softly, trying not to cry.

"no, I get it, I do, you're a helper" Lucy assures her.

"I'm happy for them and I want them to be happy, it just hurts that I couldn't make them feel safe and happy" Ana sniffles.

"honey" Lucy sighs, hugging her.

Tim walks over seeing the scene. He reaches over the two girls and grabs the gear bags before gently separating Ana from Lucy and guiding her out to the shop with Lucy following after.