CHAPTER I

Derry.

What a weird place Derry was. 

Every summer, or winter, or spring and fall, some child somewhere goes missing, or their body pops up somewhere in the town. Nobody ever really knew how these bodies went missing. But today, Georgie Denbrough would find out how. 

These past few strings of weeks have been the Canal Days Festival, and the Denbroughs have gone the past week in a row because Georgie loved fun. 

Tonight, however, Bill decided to bring his friends, Stan, Richie and Eddie. "I feel bad for you, dude." Richie said. "Spending the past one week and a half here? Damn."

"I'm trying to avoid every ride. Who knows how much rust is in a rollercoaster?" Eddie said, itching his arms. 

"Ooh, Mom, there's a funhouse! There wasn't one last night!" Georgie says, pointing to the yellow building made out of crystals. "I WANNA GO!"  Georgie and Bill's mom thinks it over until she says, "Yes, you can go, but Bill has to go with you." Bill goes up to his mom and says, "M-mom, why can't G-Georgie go by himself-f?"

"Just go." The Denbrough brothers open the doors and walk in. "This place is pure crystal!" Georgie exclaims, running around close to Bill.

Bill puts both his hands on the cold crystal walls. "Yeah, why w-would someone do t-th-that?" 

Somehow, like a trap made just for Georgie, the wall spun around and Bill was on the other side of the wall. "BILL!" "GEORGIE!" They said in unison, 5 times. Georgie decided to give up and keep going down the hallway, getting to a hall with 8 paths and a throne in the middle. 

And sitting on the throne was a...clown. "Hiya, Georgie." The clown said. "Glad you finally came." He stood up, and walked over to Georgie. 

At the same time, the floor opened on Bill, and he went falling into the darkness. Outside, everybody looked up and heard screaming. Bill crash-landed on the ground, his mother confused. "Bill! Why are you not in the funhouse?" Bill said, "I don't k-kn-k-know." His mother rolled his eyes. "Well, get back in there." 

Bill walked up to the doors and he couldn't get back in. "Bill!" She ended up yelling. "This isn't a joke! I can't get back in!" He said without a single stutter. 

"Who are you?" Georgie said. The clown laughed and said, "Oh, I'm Pennywise the Dancing Clown!" Georgie weakly smiled. "Do you have a lot of friends? Sure looks like you do!" Georgie started to actually smile. "Yes! Three, but my brother's best best!" 

"HAHA! Can I be your friend?" Georgie stepped back. "Well, I don't really know you." 

"Georgie, meet Pennywise. Pennywise, meet Georgie. There's no way to be strangers now!"

Georgie giggled. "Do you want food?" Pennywise said as he walked over to a grill. 

"Yes, please! Wait, is that..." "Popcorn?" Pennywise finished his sentence. "I love popcorn, because it pops! Pop! Pop, pop pop!" Georgie giggled more, until he was full-on laughing.

"About dinner..." Pennywise turned over the grill, and Georgie's dead body was burned on the grill. 

Georgie gasped. "It's you!" Georgie ran, trying to make it to the door. Pennywise's teeth grew into fangs, and spider legs sprouted from his sides. 

Georgie tried to open the door but it was locked. "BILLY! MOMMY! DADDY! EDDIE, RICHIE, STAN, SOMEBODY!" 

Bill ran to the door and kept screaming, "GEORGIE!" 

Pennywise eventually reached the door, and Georgie begged to stay alive. "Please, we can be friends." He reached his arm out. 

Pennywise's spider arms grabbed Georgie's  arm, and Pennywise tore it off. He then had his spider arms pierce Georgie's sides, Pennywise then gobbled Georgie right up.

And Bill saw it all from their shadows. The funhouse then collapsed, and Bill ran to see where Georgie was. The only thing he found was Georgie's arm, and then 6 red balloons went high into the air, never to be seen again. 

And this was just the start of many bad things that happened this time to Derry.