CHAPTER II

TW: HURTFUL WORDS

In the days following Georgie's death, Bill never stopped searching for Georgie. He went to the sewers, the Barrens, anywhere that had some connection to the murders in Derry or Georgie. Suddenly, it was the last day of school.

Kids came streaming out of classrooms, Bill, Richie, and Eddie coming out of biology. "That s-suck-sucked." Bill said. "Ha! Just wait till we get to sex ed, Big Bill, it's all going to get better from there." Richie joked. Stan came out of Music throwing a saxophone into the hallway. 

"Well, guys, I'm almost a man." Stan smiled. Bill remembered about Stan's bar mitzvah. "W-what happens at a bar mitzvah anyways?" Stan rolled his eyes. "At the bar mitzvah, I read from the Torah, make a dumb speech, and suddenly I become a man." Richie smirks. "I can think of funner ways to become a man." Stan deeply sighed, hating to correct Richie's sentences. "More fun, you mean."

Eddie scoffed. "Know what I heard? The rabbi slices the tip of your dick off." Stan looked at Eddie with disgust. Richie smiled. "Now that sounds like a way to become a man." Stan bowed his head. "That won't happen at all!" They walked past the Bowers Gang, the  two main members looking at them with smirks. Richie joked, "Well, this is gonna be a great summer guys." 

On the other end of the school, Ben Hanscom walked out of History, hoping not to get caught by bullies and make it home safely, to his loving mom. He walked past Greta Keene, who he hit shoulders with. He fell, picked up his diagram and ran back to the classroom to fix it.

Greta walked into the Girls bathroom where her goons were, waiting to terrorize Beverly Marsh. 

"BEVERLY FUCKING MARSH!" Greta screamed, making the students in the hallway jump. "You dick-sucking little slut!" Beverly, now on the verge of tears, tried to pay no mind. "If you keep that attitude, Greta, you might be selling drugs at your dad's pharmacy." 

Greta could not take the blow to her father. "Well, you're trash. We just wanted to remind you." And without warning, the goons dumped trash on Beverly, getting her all disgusting and gross. "Have a nice summer." And with that, the goons left. 

They bumped into Ben again, who had a jug of glue he was returning to Art. When the goons bumped into him, he got glue all over him. 

Ben, usually a nice guy, couldn't take this second blow. 

"FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU, GRETA KEENE!" He walked to Art, glue all over him, drying up quickly. 

When Bill, Stan, Eddie and Richie were right outside the school is when Bowers decided to attack.

"Best feeling ever," Stan proclaimed. "Come on, guys, summer's officially started." They started to leave when Henry Bowers grabbed Richie's backpack, pulling him to the ground.

Patrick Hockstetter grabbed Stan's kappa, setting it on fire and throwing it into the woods. "Hey, give it back!" Stan said.

Patrick replied, "It's mine now, flamer." 

Another Bowers goon, Belch, came over and burped in Eddie's ear, making him disgusted and revolted, and also made him fall into the grass. 

Victor Criss punched Bill, causing him a black eye. 

"B-BOWERS, YOU SUCK DICK!" 

Bowers did not like this. "Shut up, B-b-b-b-bill. Your brother's gone, we know that. Doesn't mean we always to feel sorry for you. You guys are in for a great summer." 

The gang regrouped, not liking that surprise attack. "Wish he'd go missing." Richie said. "He's probably the one doing it." At the talk of missing kids, they noticed Betty Ripsom's mom. 

"She's expecting to find her?" Eddie asked. "Yeah, I mean she is dead." Stan noted. Bill, not liking that tone because of his brother, said, "She's not d-dead, she's m-m-m-missing." 

Stan scoffed quietly. "Right, missing." They all started to make their way away from the school, ready for summer and excitement. 

Ben was getting his bike, trying to fit his diagram in his backpack while also trying to move in  a half-glued sweater. 

And then right there, Beverly Marsh was there. "Can I go, or is there a secret passcode?" Ben had his earbuds in, and just noticed her. "Oh, sorry!" Beverly smiled. "Oh, hey, you're Ben. New kid, right?" Ben smirked. "Yup, that's me. We're also in social studies together." Beverly laughed. "Ok. Hey, what are you listening too?" He quieted down. "It's really nothing."

Beverly grabbed his earbuds and put them in. She slowly smiled. "Taylor Swift?" 

Ben smirked. "Must've been my sister. She's a fanatic." Beverly smiled. "Let me sign your yearbook." Beverly got a pen and forged her signature on Ben's paper. "See you, Lover!" Ben, who had a crush on Beverly, thought she called Ben her lover. "L-lover?" Slowly realizing it was a Taylor Swift reference, he came up with one. "Lover!" He smiled. He yelled, "STAY IN THAT LAVENDER HAZE, BEV! That's another Taylor Swift reference." 

He pulled out his bike and went off.

Mike Hanlon, the homeschooled kid, went on his bike making a meat delivery from his farm. He biked past the school, wondering what it would be like to have friends like that. 

He went downtown, and each kid went off on their own, not knowing the terror that was each about to bestow them.