Chapter 29

OUAT fanfic
by myself

────────────[ currently

────────────
[ currently ... ]
Once upon a time

It was another nice, day in storybrooke which was in the state called Maine, and she sat on the pier, looking out in the distance. A breath escapes her lips as she blinks as she had a disappointed look on her face, "oh my old friends... and my bow..." she hums as she pursed her lower lip out as she remembers some of her animal companions that neither she, or the woodpecker have seen, neither has she found her bow. Which was concerning. After all, for some reason it gave her some kind of feeling whenever she played it. That and it was in the castle in the enchanted forest last time she checked, and she was sure it would have appeared in storybrooke as well if she couldn't find it the castle when she was in the enchanted forest a while ago, maybe a month??

So, she lets a sigh. Though she knew that David and Mary Margaret were deciding of taking the magic beans and getting themselves to the enchanted forest, which made her happy someways. So she smiles in hopes to reunite with the rest of her things, so she gets up. A pep in her step as she sways her arms by her sides as she had a smile, and she knew that when she gets to the enchanted forest again, she'll go out to find her missing bow and her missing animal companions.

And even as she was working, and gave Neals fiancé- the man she hasn't really interacted with all that much's sandwich with no mayo since she was getting Neal his regular, she saw as emma and her collided, making her watch with interest before humming as she shrugged before going back to work due to the fact that Granny would scold her- "Elora! Get your butt back to work!" And speak of the devil, granny scolded her for her attention too Neal's fiancé and Emma

"Sorry, my bad." She gave granny a apologetic smile like usual whenever she was doing something she wasn't when working. Granny gave her a look before she returned to what she was doing.

She was on a, walk when she collided into Tamara; neal's fiancé, crashing into the woman, "oh my! I'm sorry!" Cara exclaims as she blinks, steadying the older woman, who gave her a look, "it's fine— elora, right?" Tamara asks of her, raising her brow, and cara nods. "That's right" she smiles to the older— well, Tamara was probably older than her.

The two's meeting was over pretty soon as the two went their own ways, a unseen smirk playing at Tamara's lips.

Cara approaches the home of Regina just as her family exited it, making cara stop in her tracks as her brows shoot up in surprise, the same going for them. "Elora? What're you doing here?" David asks, making cara straighten up as her gaze leaves him, "nothing"

Her lie doesn't seem to pass them, but she didn't stay long enough for them to ask her anything more, she instead rushed away. Her real reason why she was going to visit regina's house was to try and see if she can grab the lasagna tray before any of her family finally notice it being gone. Which she was actually kind of surprised because it's been months since last time she's found it. So, she decides to head towards the woods to just try and maybe get some of her biology homework done since she has to examine the local ecosystem.

Speaking of family, it seems that she hasn't been around much, and something was going down due to a gut feeling, which made her curious— after all, even Henry seems to be getting in on it, which she was a bit bothered by deep down— but whatever they could be doing, it must be more important than saying anything to her. Or at least keeping up with her.

"Elora?" Amo calls out suddenly, making her look over at him as she stops and turns towards him, her hands still in her pockets as she blinks as she looks at him, noting the brand new blue scarf he wore around his neck, "oh hey Amo!" She says, calling him by his enchanted forest name due to the fact that he was some of the few people who called themselves by their Enchanted forest selfs.

"Can i join you? That is if your going on a walk" he chuckles as he rubs his nape with some nerves behind his eyes, his words make her chuckle a bit, "of course, i don't mind." She gave him a laugh, making him chuckle, "i was planning on going to the pier, are you sure you wanna come? It's pretty sardineish- that's a word, right?"

Her words makes Amo laugh in amusement, "probably. And i really don't mind sardinish smells" He laughs with a smirk, which makes her laugh as well, "then we shall go" the two walk side by side, both chatting whatnot as the two of them were heading towards the pier.

But just as the two got there, there was a gunshot ringed out from over at the warehouse, spooking them both— the two having wide eyes in shock as they snapped their heads over towards the direction in a shock and worry, both panicking as amo grabbed her by the forearm in a protective manner, "a gunshot?!" She shouts out as the two took a cautionary step back, though there were more gunshots coming from the warehouse, "we have to get away from here!" Amo tells her with a cautionary look on his face, and she nods as the pair run from the pier and away from the warehouse.

As soon as the, two were far away in a cautionary way, the two let breaths out, "are you okay?" Amo asks in worry, his brows furrowing in worry, "yeah, i'm— i'm good, just a bit shaken up, i— i should get home, be safe." She gave him a hug, her arms over his shoulders, too which he leaned his head down near her nape, "i will, you too." He tells her, squeezing her warmly, and as soon as the two separated and gave each other a smile, the two departed from each other to head to their own homes.

Words: 1066