Chapter 6

Long time no posting... I've actually been quite busy lately so I'll try to post at least twice a week.. back to your story

Racheals POV
"I'm home" I sang as I stepped into the house with the bag of groceries.

"Did you buy the snacks" Lizzie asked literally popping out of nowhere. "No how was shopping?" I scowled at her "you'll survive" she slapped my arm playfully as she followed me into the kitchen.

Lizzie dug into the grocery bag brought out a bag of Cheetos and took a seat on the counter.

"Two girls approached me in the mall" I said as i offloaded the things from the grocery bag.

"Were they white?" Lizzie asked chewing obnoxiously. I hummed a reply. She paused her chewing and sucked in a breath.

"Did they do anything?" Lizzie asked carefully. I chuckled and shook my head "no they were actually quiet nice. They attend duke too....they loved our performance and we exchanged contacts" I said stuffing the snacks into the cabinet.

I was suddenly gripped on the shoulder from behind and turned around " Are you sure? We can go to the cops"she said shaking my shoulder.

"Seriously I'm fine" I chuckled. She studied my face for a moment before letting me go, flopped back on the counter and continued on her Cheetos.

"Let's watch a movie tonight" She asked after a moment of silence.

"Only us?" I asked with raised brows as I spun around to face her.

"Yes" she rolled her eyes at me "and Derek" she said and I threw her a glare.

"What?" She asked innocently "He's coming over and you didn't think to tell me" I sighed.

Derek asked me out during freshmen year and I humbly declined, but then he asked Lizzie a few weeks after and they've been together since then.

Don't get me wrong they look amazing together but I think he's doing it to get to me or something. Anytime he comes around he always finds a way for me and him to end up alone and tries being touchy.

I never told Lizzie about him asking me out before and after they started dating and I want to keep it that way. I don't want her to feel like a bad friend or something.

"How is it a big of a deal?" She asked and I shot her a look. "I don't want to be a third wheel and you guys are always so loud when you're doing it" I ran my hands through my hair.

"Okay maybe we can get a little touchy and noisy at times but not today. Today's solely a movie night we won't make you uncomfortable I promise" she said. I sighed.

"I'm holding you on that" I said and she nodded happily. "Let's pop some corn" she hopes off the counter brought out a bag of corn and got to work while I finished up putting the groceries away.

"I'm gonna take a shower" I said rubbing my palms on the sweats I was wearing. She hummed a reply as I exited the kitchen and made my way to the bathroom.

I stepped into my room closing the door behind me, stripped off the hoodie I was wearing and headed into the bathroom.

I removed the crop singlet I was wearing under the hoodie pulled my sweatpants down along with my underwear and tossed them in the laundry basket at the side.

"I need to do my laundry" I huffed staring at the laundry basket filled to the brim with dirty clothes.

I went to the shower turned it on and stepped in and let the cold water cool my sore muscles. I stayed in there for a while, washed my hair scrubbed my body and stepped out with a sigh of content. I felt refreshed.

I wrapped my fluffy white towel around myself and stepped out of the bathroom. I went over to the other side of the room and opened my closet.

I rummaged through it and pulled out a white pajama short along with a short sleeved crop shirt and slipped them on. I left my damp curly hair to fall as it was no longer reaching my lower back but my shoulder blade due to shrinkage. I grabbed my phone off my nightstand and left the room.

"Hey Liz what movie are we watching toni-" I said but my my voice faltered when I walked into the living room and saw Derek sitting there with a huge smirk on his face. His eyes shamefully raked over my body taking in my bare thighs and exposed waist.

"Hi" I cleared my throat awkwardly, "hey" he said with that stupid smirk on his face. "Where's Lizzie?" I asked taking a seat on the couch furthest away from him.

"Went to the store to get something's" he replied. But I already went to the store I thought with crunched brows but hummed a reply to him.

I unlocked my phone and quietly shot Lizzie a text asking where she was. I tapped my thumb on my phone screen anxiously as I waited for her reply.

"Amazing" Derek said suddenly. I turned my head to him and raised a questioning brow at him.

"you really don't know do you?" He said licking his lower lip as he stared hungrily at me. I thought for a while and shook my head making him chuckle.

I looked back at my phone screen to see it's been ten minutes I sent the message and she didn't reply which was quite unlike her. She always replies my messages in the span of two minutes latest.

"Why don't we start the movie without her I think she's gonna take a while" Derek suggested. "Sure" I mumbled. "I'll be picking the movie" he said waving the remote in his hands and I shrugged.

I removed my gaze from the tv and shot her another text chewing on the inside of my cheek as I waited anxiously for her reply.

"Enjoying the movie" a voice beside me said and I gasped in shock. I turned my head to see that Derek had moved closer to me without me knowing. We were so close that our shoulders were almost touching.