Chapter 1

Two years had passed since her confrontation with Hyde, an event that somehow had marked a before and after in their relationship; although Wednesday was the same for the rest of Nevermore, it was not the same for Enid, there was a special subtlety and the rules played differently for the colorful girl; The seer's strict routine had adapted and just as there was a writing schedule there was a time of day that was just for the two of them, both cuddling and physical closeness were no longer taboo, and the blonde was almost certain she had earned a couple of faint smiles from her pale friend. 

Maybe it wasn't much but the she-wolf treasured those benefits, the point was that these last few weeks that which made her feel on a pedestal had ceased to do so because for no apparent reason the red-haired woman had again raised her walls before her, she was distant, moody and almost any excuse served to ignore her.

At first the argument he had arrived at was that perhaps she needed her space, but days turned into weeks and he found the young woman's attitude alarming.

POV ENID

”Don't know Enid, to me she looks the same as always" replied the vampire wearily..

“No Yoko, she is distant and I despair that she won't tell me what's wrong with her. Do you think she is angry with me? 

“It's hard to tell when she always has the same expression”. 

“That's not true…”

“Oh my God, what if she found out how I feel about her?” she exclaimed nervously.

“The first time you transformed into a wolf was because of her, you broke up with Ajax for her, you've gotten in trouble more than once for her, you turn down all your romantic overtures for her, so if she didn't figure it out all this time, I doubt she will now”.

”So what do you think is happening to her?”

“How am I supposed to know? If out of all the weirdos here you went and fell in love with Addams, that girl is weirder than shit!” Yoko replied irritated, trying unsuccessfully to concentrate on her homework as the lycanthrope sobbed like an abandoned puppy in her room.

“I don't know what to do anymore" the blonde whined in a muffled voice.

“Okay..." exclaimed the vampire as she closed her book. “This has been discussed many times. The girl is quite strange, but at the end of the day she is human and I think she might be feeling the same as you Enid, I think she likes you and maybe her strange defense mechanism is to move away... I don't know, after all, the whole thing started after you were kissing that pilgrim, didn't it?”

“I wasn't kissing him, he practically pounced on me!”

“I know, but the thing is that after that she is not the same. From my perspective that kiss was the trigger for a lot of things.”

“What do you mean?” she asked nervously.

“mmm jealousy first, then the self-questioning of why that emotion, and I don't know maybe the discovery of what's going on with you and fear of telling you how she feels”

“Wednesday dealing with all that seems delusional to me” 

“You know her better than I do, but in short, that's what was happening to me before I became aware of how I felt about Divina” 

“I find it hard to believe that the feeling is mutual, I don't even think she likes girls”

“You’re friends, ask her" Yoko said, tired of the routine discussion.

“You think so?”

“Yes! Now go and talk to her!” She said as she basically dragged the lycanthrope out of her room, closing the doorway as soon as she crossed the threshold of the door.

She had tried, she really had, but all her ambushes had failed, every time she wanted to establish dialogue, she found some pretext to slip away. 

She couldn't find the logic in her attitude, she had made a mental map of all the situations she had been in with Wednesday days prior to their estrangement but there was no anomaly, everything remained within their routine exchanges; so what had been the cause? She had no idea, not until a moment ago when Yoko had pointed out that kiss.

That day they had planned a walk around town, it was the blonde's turn to choose the activity so despite how much the goth hated shopping, she had agreed after Enid's promise that they would go for a coffee afterwards. Everything went as planned, until the moment when the young she-wolf approached the counter of the coffee shop to order something else, it was then when she crossed paths with Lucas Walker, the young man in question had muttered something that she could not understand and as soon as she approached to hear better what he was saying, he took her by the waist and without giving her time to react he kissed the lycanthrope's pink lips.

By the time she made it back to her table Wednesday was gone. She assumed that the goth had left at some point during the kiss, she never knew exactly, as after she questioned him about leaving her alone, she said that she had felt sick and seeing that she had someone to go back to school with she had decided to go back on her own. 

But what if in reality her discomfort was just an excuse? could Wednesday really be jealous? it seemed crazy to even think about it, although it would not be the first time that the brunette took a different attitude with her in similar circumstances, every time she told her that some young man had made a pass at her she was reluctant on the subject, her attitude became more icy than usual and usually she always found some criticism for her suitors. Enid had simply assumed this behavior to be natural for her friend, so she did not pay attention to the possible signs. Signs she didn't want to focus on, because although the seer's assumption of jealousy might be accurate, she refused to get her hopes up that her roomie might see her as anything other than a friend.

Arriving in the room she fought the urge to confront her, being interrupted during her writing time was something that put the psychic in a very bad mood, so the lycanthrope decided it was best to be patient and wait a little longer, after all she knew the talk wouldn't get very far with the psychic angry.