Chapter 3

POV WEDNESDAY

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
It's not warm when she's away
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
And she's always gone too long
Anytime she goes away

Wonder this time where she's gone
Wonder if she's gone to stay
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
And this house just ain't no home
Anytime she goes away...

The sound of knocking on the door, interrupting the melody caught her attention, surely some visitor for Enid, he thought so he reluctantly got up from her desk.

“Hey Addams!”

“She's not here, Tanaka” she said as she was about to close the entrance to her room again.

“Wait a second, don't close" the vampire requested, stopping the door with her hand.

The psychic gave in to the request as she looked questioningly at the other girl waiting for her to speak.

Hey I oughta leave young thing alone
But ain't no sunshine when she's gone

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
Only darkness every day
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
And this house just ain't no home
Anytime she goes away

“Wow... I haven't heard that song since the '70s, melancholy Addams?” she commented as she caught the melody playing in the room; Wednesday simply pushed the door shut, ending the conversation.

“Wait! Please, I'm sorry!” shouted the vampire from the other side as she tapped on the door again.

“What do you want?” the brunette questioned irritated.

“I just want to talk to you" murmured the vampire.

“What do you want to talk about?” she asked suspiciously.

“I'll tell you, but first come on, let's go" she said as she headed for the stairs.

“Where do you want to go?” she asked as she quickly stopped the music and caught up with her companion.

“Just follow me, Addams”

“I don't understand why you don't just say what you want to talk about," commented the seer, who didn't get an answer until they reached the schoolyard. The vampire sat on the edge of one of the fountains whose view, despite the distance, allowed her to see the she-wolf having a picnic with a boy.

“First of all, I want to make it clear that I'm not the kind of person who gets into this kind of situation, but... I want to talk about Enid”

“What's wrong with her?”

“She misses you to begin with”

“I haven't gone anywhere, besides, she looks pretty good" she exclaimed, pointing at the scene with her eyes.

“There is a clear distancing on your part Addams and beyond appearances I know it's not right”

“I know why I walked away, and I have my reasons, but she has also decided to do so, I can't go against her will”

“If she made that decision, it's because she had no alternatives left... Make things right with her. She's a good person and I don't think she deserves whatever you're doing”

“I'm not doing anything”

“Well, that's precisely why, do something! Don't waste opportunities because others will take advantage of that" she commented while she turned her eyes to Ajax who was arranging the blonde hair of the lycanthrope.

“I don't know why you're telling me this" she muttered, averting her gaze nervously.

“You're smart, I think you do know" said the vampire smiling amused, seeing how Wednesday's reaction confirmed that her suspicions were right, the seer had feelings for the lycanthrope.