HolI special

HOLI SPECIAL!!!

2 years before
.
.
.
.
.

Third person's POV

  You were in your bed sleeping soundly as today was your day off. You shifted in your bed as you felt your mobile ringing loudly, reaching your hand under the pillow you searched for your mobile without opening your eyes. You grunted as you didn't find your mobile even after searching everywhere, your eyes shot open and you sat up on your bed. Your eyes landed on your mobile which had reached under the blanket and you quickly picked it looking at the contact to find, it was your friend.

"Hello?" You said in you sleepy voice as you got up from the bed.

"Hello y/n! Where are you?" Your friend spoke loudly and you had to retract you mobile away  from your ear.

"Why?, Do i have to be somewhere today?" You asked and placed your phone beside the sink as you started brushing your teeth.

"Huh?  We're playing holi at the institute!  Don't  say you forgot that?" She asked as you heard laughing sounds from the background.

"I didn't forget...It's just you know today is my day off so, I'm not coming" you replied and cleaned you mouth with water.

"Y/n! It'll be fun please" she requested.

"Nope'" you said as she was about to protest but you ended the call "I'm enjoying my day off today at home" you huffed and changed your clothes.

   You walked down and greeted your parents as you sat on a chair. you started munching on your food as you made small talks with your parents, mostly them nagging about you not going out to enjoy holi with your friends. You did want to enjoy playing holi with your friends, since young age you didn't get to play much as your neighbour's were mostly grandparents and middle aged people but now what's stopping you?;maybe adulthood?.You shrugged your shoulders and continued eating your food.

     Your mom went inside the kitchen to pick up a phone call and after some time she returned, with a worried look on her face.

"What happened mom?" You asked as you held a concerned expression.

"Vijay's mother called me and she said vijay has a burning fever" she said and then continued "but he's insisting on going to duty even when she says he doesn't have to" she finished her sentence.

  "What? Why does he have to be so persistent" you huffed as you felt worried as well as angry "I'll go there myself!, does he think he's a god or something!" You stated and got up.

   You started your scooter and left unknown to the smile your mother gave your father indicating it was a plan between your parents and...others.

You quickly reached his house and took off your helmet hanging it on the scooter's mirror. You stomped your feet walking towards the door. You rang the doorbell once but noone responded, again you rang the doorbell and again noone responded. You turned around to leave but your steps were interrupted as the door opened and you were soaked with coloured water. You turned around and looked at the one who did it, it was none other than vijay. He was laughing and you noticed he was not sick which meant he lied. Before you could say something he applied fistful of colours in your cheeks.

  "Vijay!" You called out his name angrily and he dramatically stepped back still laughing at your messy state. "I'll kill you!" You declared and grabbed his hands which held little colour from before and applied it in his face.

"Got you! Mr. Vijay kumar" you said and laughed at his face which was now a mess. He looked at you and you ran outside him tailing behind you.

  "Wait! You'll not get away from me!" He called out and you hid behind his car. "Do you know the consequences of running away from a policeman?" He asked playfully as he slowly walked towards your direction.

   You giggled and walked away from him. Unfortunately he grabbed your arms and pulled you towards him resulting in your back colliding with his chest.

  Your body tensed up at the close proximity and your breath hitched everytime his warm breath hit your neck. Both of you didn't move and the playful mood was long gone, you felt your heart racing and you prayed that he didn't hear the sound of your heart beating but then he wouldn't miss it when you two were this close. His hands were still holding your arms, his grip not even loosening for a second.

     You were sure your face was a blushing mess and thankful that it was your back facing him, not your face. He lowered his face as you could feel him moving, 'what is he doing? Was he doing the iconic serial moment and going to apply colours from his cheeks to mine??!!' You thought and your heartbeat quickly shot up  beating at a pace it didn't before.

"Ahem" the sound pull you both out of your thoughts and you pulled apart adjusting your hair. You looked towards the direction of voice and it was vijay's mother holding a bag full of vegetables.

"Aunty!" You called her and walked forward to hug her ther stopped when you realised your clothes were soaked wet from before. "I missed you"

"Yeah says someone who doesn't even visit once a month" she pouted and then smiled at you.  "Let's go inside you two are soaked" she said and you gave a confused look cause only you were soaked. You looked towards vijay and the front of  his t-shirt was wet from the incident from before. You blushed remembering it and then followed vijay's mom inside the house vijay tailing you both.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..............................................

How was the holi special?!!

I did try to make it different from the serial moment that always happens but i Don't think i was successful at that.

Word count- 987