Chapter 7 : Your Greatest Villain.

"How's your little morning surprise? Too bad you're groggy 'cause I have to possess you for it, but it was a success!" Silem began to yap about how he spent the night ravaging Miles' space junk collection and found a few tools to destroy Miss Baker and break the trust Mission Force One had for Miles. 

Miles, who's already not in a good mood, just walked past Silem and grabbed his suit and headed towards the bathroom to get ready. He slammed the door shut, giving Silem the hint as he just stared at him with his eyes widened in confusion. After a bit, Silem just shrugged it off and left.

Meanwhile, Miles was in the bathroom brushing his teeth. He looked at the mirror that reflected an image of himself, as he began to remember the events this morning. Miss Baker being destroyed, his sister hating him, and his friends slowly drifting away from his grasp. 

All because he couldn't control his Reverse. Because of him.

He felt guilty, and mad at himself. That chaos in his team only started because Miles was kidnapped back then. He couldn't save himself, he was too dependent on his team to fetch him that one of them almost lost their life. 

The feelings got to his head, now brimming with rage. He punched the mirror in front of him, the glass shattering onto the ground. He glared at the broken shards, that now reflected his anger in many pieces. He picked up one of the glass pieces, in his hand the sharpest one of them all. He remembered back then when he punched Silem in the face, which caused his own nose to bleed. 

Oh how nice would it be if Miles could just slit Silem's throat without inflicting pain on himself. It was a bummer that he couldn't do so, having to risk his own life for the sake of others. He was always stuck between the thought of being selfless and being selfish.

To sacrifice yourself for the better is called a selfless act, but if you had to leave your own friends behind for them to grief is called a selfish act. No, that's not the point. Do they even consider him as a friend?

"The damage you do to me, you will receive it too."  Was what Silem told him. Miles stared at the sharp object in his grip, before he widened his eyes in realization.

"If I kill myself.. Will he leave?" 

He muttered to himself. What if Silem can die? Even if Miles dies, Silem will most probably not vanish for good, but he definitely won't bother Mission Force One anymore, nor will he be able to possess anyone with Miles' genes.

If this didn't work, it would be all for nothing. It was now or never, right?

He gripped the mirror shard tightly in his hand, blood already seeping out from his palm. He hesitantly aimed the sharpest point towards his neck, right where his vocal cord was. For someone who pursues Science, he must know his vital points, too.

His breathing became more ragged, and his arm began to shake due to the overly strong grip onto the shard. The crimson red stained the towel that was hung around his neck. He closed his eyes shut, and took a deep breath. 

He collected momentum, and was about to pierce his own throat, before he felt a strong grip on his wrist. 

"Uh, uh. What do you think you're doing, kid?"

Silem was in front of him. He raised an eyebrow at Miles, pulling his arm containing the glass shard away from his throat and gripped his wrist, almost crushing it. The intensity of Silem obliterating his hand made him drop the stained glass to the ground, his palm covered in red.

"I see you've figured it out. You thought I was gonna let you off that easily?" Silem glared at him, snickering. Miles gritted his teeth and looked away, not wanting to look at him. Silem just laughed at his behavior, before dragging him to the other side of the bathroom, where the first aid kit was kept.

He grabbed a roll of bandages and some antiseptic, placing it on the counter. He grabbed his wrist towards the sink to wash off the blood that covered his hands like gloves.

The cold water that ran into his open cut caused Miles to hiss in pain, as the water began to sting the scar on his palm. "What are you doing?" Miles asked him.

"Be quiet and just watch." Silem replied, not taking his eyes off his hand under the running water. Once he deemed the blood stopped flowing from his palm, he turned off the faucet and brought him to the first aid kit, and proceeded to apply antiseptic onto his hand. He wrapped it with bandages and dusted his hands, as if he touched dirt.

"Why in the living fuck are you bandaging me up?" Miles glared at him, the rage in his voice unwavering. "Because I'm going to keep making you suffer until.. forever." Silem washed his hands at the counter, and turned to Miles with a sinister look portrayed on his face.

"You thought getting rid of me was like a walk in the park, no? Wrong. As long as I'm here, you are getting rid of anyone but yourself. I will continue to give you hell, and I will make sure you end up alone. You are your greatest villain, Callisto. And I will never die until I see it with my own eyes."

He looked at Miles with eyes gleaming of pure evil, as he faded into thin air. Miles hung his head low, unable to think anything anymore. The words he said replayed in his mind like a never ending music on a cassette.

Miles shook his head, trying not to think too much of it. So much has already happened in just a few hours, and his thoughts on today will only make it worse.

He changed into his suit, and went to the kitchen for breakfast. He opened the fridge for a protein bar he had started to eat recently, with a lot of missions and pressure on his shoulder, Miles couldn't even find the time to eat properly.

He closed the fridge door, holding two protein bars in his hand. As he passed by the living room, he saw his teammates all separated. Mirandos and Loretta were programming something, Haruna was on the couch sleeping, and Blodger was painting on his canvas. No one seemed to talk with each other, Miles assumed it was just to give Loretta some space, especially with what happened to Miss Baker.

'This was all because of me. I couldn't control Silem myself, and now everyone's upset. At me.' He said in his thoughts. He hung his head low, not wanting to face them after what he's done. The voice of his Reverse echoed in Miles' headspace, laughing at the despair he's going through.

"You are alone, Miles, and you always will be."

WORD COUNT : 1162

AAYAYAYA SAW WHAT I DID THERE??? LMAOOO 

try to guess the reference i added in the last sentence, whoever gets it right gets a cookie 🍪

I DONT EVEN REMEMBER WHEN WAS THE LAST I UPDATED THIS BOOK IT'S BEEN SO LONG HUHUHUHUHU

nevertheless, this is only phase 2. stay tuned for his final arc (?) !!!!

thanks for reading <3