Chapter III. Fight

Now we were all standing at a doorway, watching as Vander tries to talk to the people in the bar. "We should hit them back. We've got the numbers to beat them!"

I huff. "The lanes want to fight. I think we should, too."

"Why isn't Vander doing anything?" Claggor asks. "We kicked the enforcers butts with just the four of us. Imagine what the whole of the Lanes could do!" The blue haired girl says exitedly.

"Jeez, even Powder and Hana want to fight." Mylo smirks. I'm not usually the one who wants to solve things with violence but maybe it's time i change my ways.

"So why aren't we?" Vi asks annoyedly. Ekko looks like he knows something as he tries to avoid our gaze.

"Spill it, Ekko."

He looks up. "Um. Okay well, Vanders got a deal with the enforcers."

Our eyes widen. "What deal!?"

After Ekko spills everything we go back to the basement. "This is some bullshit. How could he do that?" I throw my hands up in the air as i fall down on the couch.

"I don't know. I need to think." Vi says honestly. We all sit in silence for a few minutes until i hear the ticking of the alarm monkey Powder made.

We all go to our signature hiding stop on the ceiling planks. The footsteps of the enforcer are heavy as he gets closer to the door.

He gets in and doesn't see us. Whew!

The man searches the air vents, underneath the bed, behind couches but finds nothing.

I notice Powders face and she's struggling. I put my hand over my mouth to stop myself from talking and slightly lean forward to help her. I put my hands on the pipe where she is slipping and try to make my way under her so she could lay on me and not fall down.

The bad thing is, now im slipping too. The enforcer is right below me as i grit my teeth together. Doing a last look over of the room with his eyes, he finally closes the door and leaves.

As if on cue me and Powder fall down to the floor with a thud. "Fuck!" I curse and help Powder up. Vi sighs in relief.

Soon Vander bursts through the door. "You all okay?"

Vi jumps down from the ceiling. "No, we're not okay. He almost saw Slash and Powder! What if they took them?"

"No on is taking any of you. Never let that happen." He reassures. "It's already happening! You heard him, they won't stop. We need to fight back!" Vi punches the wall in anger. "And if you won't, I will."

Vander sighs. "I've heard this kind of talk before."

Vander took Vi to the bridge to give her a talk about "No one winning in war". They've been out for a while.

Me and Powder are coloring her new bombs when the door finally opens. "Vi, you're back." I get up and go to hug her. She seems surprised but hugs me back nonetheless. I let go and look her in the eyes. "I think the Lanes are gonna fight."

She looks down. I go to sit back down and Vi goes to talk to Powder. "You know, Powder, what makes you different makes you strong." I hear Violet say as she hands the girl a toy bunny. I remember that bunny. It was her favorite toy. Guess she finally got it down.

Im sitting in the corner, flipping my knife again. Vi walks over to me and kneels down to my level. "Hey, Slash." I look up to her and smile. "Hey there."

She breathes deeply and all of a sudden grabs my hands. "You know i trust you, right?"

I knit my brows together in confusion. "Yes?"

"I want you to take care of yourself and Powder, if anything ever happens to me." My eyes widen. "Why would you say that? Nothing is going to happen to you."

"Promise me, Slash, please." I see a tear on her lower lashes. "I- I promise."

"Good." She closes her eyes and gets up. "I'll be back in a second."

And she leaves.