Chapter 55

Ethan tossed back the covers and slowly got out of the bed. He really had no desire to face plant on her floor either, but he was perfectly fine, and he easily crossed the room to grab the clothes she'd gotten him. The woman was an angel, taking care of him like she had.

His mind was reeling from all the information she'd given him. His biggest concern now was Mila. Where was she? Was she okay? The only one he could assume would have tried to kill him was Owen. But still, Owen couldn't have done all of this by himself. There was no way.

He knew Mila was alive. Even though their bond hadn't been completed yet, he knew he'd feel much different if something had happened to her. Hopefully she was with Isaac and Riley. Though, if he'd been gone for days, others would have been brought in to look for him. It wasn't a good thing for the Alpha King's son to go missing. He had a feeling his dad was in Texas as well.

He got dressed, happy that the clothes were actually slightly big on him and then stretched out his muscles. He was a bit stiff and wondered how long he'd been in that bed. He opened the door of the bedroom and walked out, following the scent of food to the kitchen. His stomach was growling.

Rose was standing in front of a stove, dishing up two plates of food. She turned around and looked him over. "Well at least they somewhat fit. Better too big than too small. Sit."

He complied and she set a full plate down in front of him. Ethan dug in, surprised and how good it was. Though he supposed it could just be because he was very hungry. "How long have I been here?" he finally asked her.

"Four days," she said.

That wasn't good. He had a feeling several of his pack members were in Texas looking for him. Isaac would have called them in and probably alerted Alamo when he couldn't find him. Given that Ethan had been disconnected from his wolf for a while, the bond he shared with his brother would have been disconnected.

"Do you think someone's looking for you?" Rose asked.

"I'm sure of it." A lot of someone's. He hoped his mother wasn't too worried, and wondered if she'd come to Texas as well.

"Do you know someone you can call and let them know where you are?"

He felt like a teenager with the way she'd worded it. "Yes, if you don't mind."

"Okay. Finish your plate and then we can call whoever you need to. Frankly, I'm not sure if I want a werewolf staying in my house for a long period of time. You might eat me out of it," she mused, watching him finish his plate.

He smiled at her. "I have a family to go home to. They'll be looking for me."

"Do you have children?"

He and Mila hadn't even discussed pups yet. She was only eighteen though, and they had plenty of time. He wanted her to himself for a while. "No."

"A mate?"

"You know quite a bit don't you?" Ethan asked her curiously.

"I do," she agreed.

"Yes, and she's the one I'm most concerned about." Plus he really missed her.

"I'd imagine so."

He finished eating quickly. His worry for Mila was growing by the moment. If Owen did have her in his clutches he could kill her, or rape her. He was so violent. Ethan really wished they could find the man. Or had he found them?

Rose finished eating and took her own plate and his to the sink. She came back a moment later with a cell phone and placed it before him.

"Thank you," he said before picking it up and punching in his father's number.