1:You Know Who

Melha

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ok thats all for today's class,hopefully we all can meet next week directly" My teacher said in a lovey-dovey evil way.

I scoffed hearing my teacher's words and closed the laptop and sank into my chair,stretching my arms and yawning.

"Melhaa!Answer my call idiott!"

I stared at the text.It was from my bestie;Juhi.

I got zoned out for a sec,dunno what's happening with me recently.

I took my phone and opened the call list;5 missed calls from "Juhiii"

I quickly hit on the call button and was fully ready and awake for her volcano to explode.
She didn't pick up on the first ring nor the second. I expected this since I didn't answer her 5 missed calls.

I called her again...."Are you always so busy"she asked in an annoyed tone "Sorryyy!Dhidhuuu"(my nickname for her) "Hear me out" "After class I got zoned out thinking about ...you know who"

Darshit has always been my academic rival since god knows when. Our rivalry was always popular in school.So the feeling of seeing him directly next week after,'what felt like a century' year...with no rivalry or contact between the two of us had my stomach churning.

Juhi's moody voice was quickly replaced with a calmer tone,which indicated that she wanted to know more about the you know who.

So I quickly filled in all the details for her.

"Areee don't overthink yaarr"
" I'm just stating my worries, I didn't overthink" I lied.
"Hha" Juhi scoffed;meaning she understood what I actually meant in those words.
"How about you send him a casual text message;if he replies it might make you guys on good terms"
"Something like 'will you come to school' "

"And what if he doesn't reply" I asked her.
"Well that means you shouldn't stop your rivalry and should fight back with all your strength" She said.
"Gosh!"
"I'm not taking advice from you ever again"

"Okok" "Just,don't come crawling back to me"

I hung up on her without saying anything further,knowing 100% I'm going to go crawling back to her.

I reflected on what Dhidhu just told me.