3:First Day

Melha

~~~~~~~~~

All Set!

I quickly ate breakfast.I was so nervous for today so I didn't eat much.I got the scolding from my mum for that.
Typical Indian Moms.

I put on my shoes and went out for the first day of school (kinda) and told Salam to my mum.

When I got down I saw Juhi standing there with her arms crossed and with a lollipop in her mouth.

I had forgotten about Darshit and his text message after the other day.Now I just got free reminders here and there that I need to face him today.

"You're early" I smiled.

"Better get out of here before amma sees me with a lollipop in mouth and that too in the morning" She said.

"Did you get one for me?" I asked.

"Do you think I'll not" She said.

____________

So far so good.
She hasn't asked about Darshit till now.

"By the way did that bastard reply?" She asked.

Oh no! I jinxed it.

"Why do you ask out of the blue?" I asked her.

"It just quickly ran into my mind.Hmm,why are you hesitating miluu? Did something happen between the two of you?" She teased.

I showed a disgusting face at her.

We finally reached our school gate and for a moment we didn't realise that we were late. Not just one or two minutes late but fifteen minutes!

Me and Juhi gave eachother a side eye.

We both understood the assignment which was to escape the security guard standing in front.

My best friend Juhi was an expert in mind games and taking short cuts.
So before the security guard laid his eyes on us, both of us ran toward a short way.
Juhi paved the way.

I was usually really scared for risky stuffs like this but today I had no choice.

We came across a wall opposite to our school and the area had no cctvs luckily.

"We gotta make this quick" I say

"Hang on.Let me see if anyone's down there" Dhidhu replies.

"Nope!"
"Come on we can do it"
Juhi exclaims.

Don't know why but my heart was beating soo fast.

"Okayy" I say.

We had to jump in order to land our school and I was really bad at that.

So I went ahead first.I stood on Juhi's shoulder and jumped.Into the grass I went.Then came Juhi.

We both clapped the dirt off of our hands and began to stand up.
Just as we were going to stand up,our principal came out of his office and into the garden lane.
He quickly laid his eyes on us.

And that was the moment we realised we stuffed up.

"Oh no!" I say

"Hidee!" Juhi whispered.

"Too late" I say as our principal walked toward us.

We were then called to his office.

"Great,what a great first day" I say panicked.
"Yup" Juhi says.

"So! Speak up both of you and don't think you are escaping from this situation"

We explained everything to him.

"Thus is going to be announced through the announcement speaker right now!"
"Please give me your names and classes"

"Melha Muskhan.Class 11B" I say my head faced down.

"Juhi Singh.Class 11B" Juhi says.

"Both your marks from all subjects will be deducted by 5 for this term exam and it's going to be announced."

I had tears in my eyes.That's how much marks meant to me.But I couldn't find the words to speak up because thats all my hardwork going down by 5 for being late on the first day of school.

"Good morning everyone.Today I'm making an announcement on the account of two girls from Class 11B for making a disastrous action against our school policy"

"Juhi Singh and Melha Muskhan"

"To all the teachers,there marks will be deducted by 5 for this term exam"
"Kindly take note"
"We expect that no one else goes on doing activities like these against our policies again. Thank you"