Prologue

So boring.

Iyon lamang ang masasabi ni Cassiopeia sa oras na ito. She's looking at her older sisters giggling as they are looking at the unknown bulky man appearing at the door. She sighed and thinks as she looks at her aunt and sisters happy and excited.

After all, this is the day her older sister Cassandra get engaged to a unknown man. A man sets for them by the elders. Her sister Cassandra is the current queen of the Velour. The Velour is a kingdom ruled by women. Strong and intelligent women. And they need men from Fior for defence and now it became a tradition that if a general exist in Fior and a unmarried queen from Velour exist they're bound to get married.

Marriage with a general is a greatest honor bestow of peace. The general has army to keep the kingdom safe and create heavenly creatures like us. Babies.

I am a kid who knew everything. Because things are repetitive and keep moving like in reflection. Like in a same route, like a habit, like a life in a mirror.

Little Cassiopeia watches her sister stands from the throne as the other sisters watches the first encounter with smiles. The huge man walks the huge halls of our palace and finally kneeled before my sister as he raises his head and look at my sister with delight.

Velourians are beautiful creatures. If goddess was an enough word to describe my sister's beauty then I'll call her that.

Like a scene from the book, the general held his breath as he kisses my sister's hand.

“I greet the queen of Velour as I greet my wife.” He said with his manly voice. I saw my sister smiled as she held the man's hand to lift him up.

“I greet the general as I greet my husband.” With a smile on my sister's face. I saw the general releases his breath as sign of relief. After all, that exchange of words was a process of acceptance. If my sister hasn't said that then the man was rejected and a another general would come here and asks for my sister's hand.

I think I know why my sister chooses that man over the 17 general before him.

The man didn't look to anyone else in the room. The 17 generals before was fascinated to our kind and find everyone attractive and distracted. And this man only looked at my sister and solely on her.

Such a man.

Thinking back, I am bound to have that same route. Boring, repetitive, and a dull habit life. Having no chance of chosing my own life.

After all, I am bound to be the queen of Velour. Every 4 years the queen of Velour changes to play rotation in the huge family of Reasar. And I am bound to get married and play the role of bride of someone I never met and never loved.

10 years later...

My sister died. I was crowned early. My refusal was left unheard. Now I am seating in a empty cold throne as I glanced at my sister's whose with their husbands as they glanced at me lovingly along with their children.

Oh fuck me.

Why does Cassidy has to die?! I was planning to run away however Cassidy suddenly died. She killed herself. She loved a commoner and killed herself along with him. The elders didn't like how Cassidy turned out. Everyone is acting like everything was fine knowing this rules are like a chains. Bound to keep us in throne and keep our holy bloodline.

I faced the close door in front of me. This same room, same hall and same door. If ever that door is opened I will see my future husband. The husband the elders chosen.

My hand sweats, my body runs cold as I seated unsettled. Nervous, scared what future might hold in my life. I wanted to run from this repetitive shit. I believe love is patient enough to find me and I believe life is having choices, having freedom. Look at me now, a beautiful bird in this huge cage palace. Breathing was the only way of letting my voice to be heard.

I held my breath as the door opens. I closed my eyes as I released my shaking breath. The moment I opened my eyes the man was walking. The halls was quiet, I look for something that allows me to reject him.

He doesn't look at my sisters. God damn.

He doesn't look shabby. Good heavens he looks good. Too good to be a general. His face is like a hidden gem. Like he hasn't experience reality.

He maintained eye contact. Fuck me to hell, he look gorgeous. What the fuck? Bakit wala akong makitang ni-isang kapintasan sa katauhan nito.

The moment he kneeled to me, I gulped down.

“I greet my queen, as I greet my wife.” He signed. He is mute! How can a beautiful create be mute. If peace is found in silence then I'll call him a beautiful peace!

Should I reject him? What if the other general aren't as handsome as him? Okay I'll accept him.

I smiled as I raises my hands to sign back. I am a person who takes my knowledge seriously after all. I didn't know I can use it in this juncture.

“I greet my general as my husband.” His eyes twinkled in delight as relief washed his face. Maybe he thinks I would reject him. After all, he is mute it enough to be rejected.

The moment I left him kissed my hand the people cheers for my engagement. My heart beats in aching pacing. Here we go freedom.

I let him stand beside me as I glanced at him, as his eyes became unsettled. Maybe he is nervous and scared to be unaccepted. I squeezed his hand softly as he stared at me back. I smiled at him and looks at my sisters as frowned seeing horror and gloom in the husbands of my sisters. Maybe that's why my soon to be husband isn't comfortable.

“I refuse for the queen to have a defective husband.” My heart thundered as I glanced at my people attempting to find who dared to opposes my decision.

I found her. Countess Admira, this bitch. Girl I had enough of your bullshits and breathing in the same room with this bitch is just exhausting. Of course she opposes. She always does, everything I done in life she always opposes. This bitch has life long self insecurities. I pity her.

I smiled as I defend my husband and speak for the both of us.

“Countess Admira, I also refused your existence however I have not expressed it this way. Speaking your opposition against this marriage is opposition on the elders. The elders decided whom I marries. If this caused you dissatisfied, I kindly suggests to look for yourself, might as well make time to give yourself self reflection in etiquette it seems like you are... lacking. A humble suggestions from your QUEEN.” I smiled as take my husband and walk away from the crowed.

I stopped in my tracks as the general stopped. I glanced at him as he smiled and signed.

"Thank you my queen.”