In the Hog's head

I was debating with myself on whether to tell Ginny and Blaise about the memory I had. As much as I trusted both of them, I was pretty sure telling them this would only fuel their theory that Rhine was the one using my body. I was not ready to accept that theory, not yet anyway. However as much as I denied this theory, the fact was that when I read Rhine's book : The Dark Edge of the Seer's mind, all the evidence seemed to point to her. On page 3 of the chapter "How to deal with the curse of a bound Eye." There was a passage that read:

"Being a Bloodbearer can be both an advantage and a disadvantage. To those whose blood and power is bound to a dead Seer (the Binder) by choice, it is an advantage as they get to use the powers of not one but two great Seers. This can lead to the ability to see the entire future, and not just segments. It may also lead to the ability to change both the past and the future (This can only be done by pureblood, third generation Seers who have undergone grueling amounts of training and must strictly be between the great grandmother and her great granddaughter.) However these types of soul practice were banned centuries ago and very few know the art of performing it. The more common curse of the bound Eye, whereby the Bloodbearer has no choice in the binding of power, is the most painful as, if it is performed correctly, the Binder has to wait until the Bloodbearer reaches the age of Magic which is usually 7 to 9 years old and can take over their body completely. The Bloodbearer is in a sense dead now. However in some cases the Binding may be incomplete at the time of the Binder's death. As long as all the sacrifices are done, when the Bloodbearer reaches the Age of Magic, the Binder comes alive in her body, the process can be very painful for the Bloodbearer and may even be fatal. As the Bloodbear grows into her powers, the Binder's power over her also grows often leading to Blank memories in which the Binder takes over the body. Using her powers may become exhausting for the Bloodbearer, as she begins feeling the emotional toll of two seers and may often lead to mood swings, self harming, going crazy, lack of sleep, making her a danger to the community, the Binder may also contact her in various ways. (Creating a Blood covenant with another can help manager her behavior. Turn to page 24 to learn how to make a Blood covenant.). As the Binder grows stronger, the victim starts to develop certain of her characteristics, parts of her appearance, most commonly eye colour, also she may develop certain significant body marks and slowly she begins to tap into the Binder's memories. At this point, neither the binder nor the Bloodbearer are in control, there is nothing they can do. This means that the person becomes both personalities and can be either of them at any time unless she learns control. Control is very hard to attain and it can only give the Bloodbearer dominance over her body, not total power over her body. Some bound souls have been known to converse occasionally and make decisions together, to live at peace in one body but with most it is a struggle, mostly because when the Bloodbearer dies, the Binder gets total ownership of the body and lives on, therefore, Bloodbearers do not live very long, most of them never come of age. Legend has it that it is possible for the Binder and the Bloodbearer to live in different bodies if another sacrifice is made. Whether there is truth to it, remains to be seen."

I knew according to this segment, Blaise and Ginny's theory could be correct. However the one thing that I was sure of was that my mother was never a death Eater therefore she never had a Dark Mark. I decided that I really needed to contact Rhine in order to get to the bottom of this.

The following weekend was a Hogsmeade weekend and to avoid going to Hogsmeade with Blaise, I had to tag along with Ginny and Michael Corner, thank goodness I had Terry Boot and Anthony Goldstein to talk to on the way to the Hog's head where Hermione was having the first meeting with Harry's DADA "class". I walked in with Anthony Goldstein, Michael Corner, Terry Boot and Ginny, followed by a tall skinny blond boy with an upturned nose whom I recognized vaguely as being a member of the Hufflepuff Quidditch team, and bringing up the rear, Fred and George with Lee Jordan, all three of whom were carrying large paper bags crammed with Zonko's merchandise. There were already more than fifteen people inside as I sat next to Ron and for some reason it worried me.