1.0

Growing up Taylor dreamed of being a teacher. This was Taylor's 12th year of teaching. She taught at a Private High School in Philly as a choir teacher. She loved the atmosphere and her students, but part of her always wondered what life would've been like if she chose another career path. She was a 34 year old single mom to her 14 year old son Ashton Scott and 3 year old daughter Haylee LeeAnn. Ashton was the result of a one night stand and the father signed his rights away. Haylee's father was hit by a drunk driver and passed away when Taylor was still pregnant. And she was doing everything she could to provide for them.

"Mom," Ashton ran into Taylor's classroom, interrupting her lunch period.

With the beep of a microwave Taylor pulled out her food, "What's up buddy?"

This was Ashton's first year of High school and he was so excited to be in the same building as his mom. But he was even more excited to find things
to do. So it came as no surprise when a question slipped from his mouth.

"Football tryouts are after school today. I know it's short notice on my part. But you let me play in middle school. Can I try out?" Football was above all, Ashton's favorite thing to play.

Taylor sighed. This hadn't came as a shock to her, but she was still a little hesitant. Sure he was an okay football player in middle school.. but Highschool was a little more demanding. She didn't want her son to get hurt.

"I don't know honey. Are you sure that's something you wanna do? High school sports can be tough." Obviously Taylor supported him in all his decisions but she just wanted to make sure this was the right one.

"Yes mom I love football! We were playing football outside during PE today and Coach Kelce said I had some mad skills and that he'd love it if I showed up to tryouts today." Ashton was beaming with pride. He loved when someone acknowledged his talents.

Coach Kelce. He was definitely the man every single teacher wanted to be in bed with. He's an excellent PE teacher and he's the head football coach. He was attractive that's for sure. But unlike all the other teachers, Taylor had never tried throwing herself at him. She wasn't that type of person.

Taylor let out a sigh, "Okay. You can try out. But I wanna talk to Coach Kelce before a football even touches your hands."

Ashton rolled his eyes at his mother's antics, "Thank you mom."

And just like that, Taylor watched her son skip out of her room.

•••

As the final hours of the day went by, Taylor spent every second of student-free-between-class-time she had, trying to downplay her nerves.

Football was nothing new to them but Taylor would never not have mom nerves.

So there she was walking up to Coach Kelce after school.

"Coach Kelce! Hi I'm Miss. Swift, the choir teacher. Umm my son Ashton is gonna try out for the team." She extended her hand.

Coach Kelce smiled and shook her hand, "Ah, Miss. Swift. I've heard a lot about you. Please, call me Travis."

"Oh then, call me Taylor. Good things, I'd hope," Taylor smiles.

"Certainly. But that's mainly because the male science teachers all have the hots for you," he laughed.

Taylor pretended to gag, "Don't get me started on them. Do you ever get tired of being the hottest male teacher in the school?"