3.1

Taylor sat on her bed staring at the pink box in her hands. Her hands were shaking and she was full of nerves. She was on the top of her career and was doing better than ever. Her boyfriend was in the middle of his football season. They did not plan for this if the test were to turn out positive. Taylor tapped the box with her fingers and let out a sigh. She had to take this test. Her period was a whole 2 weeks late. However, if she were to be pregnant she knew everything would be okay. They had talked about kids being in their future. Travis would be over the moon.

But Taylor didn't wanna think too far ahead without knowing the results. Sighing, she threw the box on the bed and left the room. She wanted to distract herself. She didn't want to know. She washed the dishes, did the laundry, folded the laundry, made lunch, vacuumed the floors, until she wound up back in her bedroom. She took a deep breath and opened the box pulling out a test, then opened another box of a different brand and pulled out another test.

She went into the bathroom and peed on both tests putting the caps on them and setting them face down on the counter. She set her phone up and began to record.

"Uh.. so, I just took a couple pregnancy tests. And I'm currently waiting for the timer to go off to look at them." She looks down at her flat stomach. "There might be a little baby in here."

Taylor giggles as she imagines motherhood and Travis's reaction all within the 3 minute waiting period. But then her timer goes off and she takes a deep breath.

"Okay. Here goes nothing! 1...2...3..."

Taylor flips both tests over and a hand flies over her mouth as tears start to pour from her eyes. She shows a test to the camera. "It's positive."

Taylor giggles as her tears continue to flow, "Travis is gonna be a daddy!"

She puts her hands on her stomach and her face lights up more than it already was, "Hi my little baby, mommy loves you so much already and she can't wait to meet you!"

She turns the video off and takes a few more minutes to take in the big news. But how would she tell Travis?

She could do the typical wait for him to notice a pregnancy test that was placed somewhere randomly, or she could make it special.

She had one special idea in mind and with that she sent her security guard Peter to Target.

When Peter got back from the store Travis was due home in 15 minutes so Taylor had to act fast.

Taylor had Peter buy a Chiefs onesie, baby shoes, a mini football, and a mini guitar.

She set all the things up on their bed along with the pregnancy test. She quickly set up a camera for his reaction. She took a deep breath as she heard the front door open and went downstairs to find her boyfriend.

"There's my girl," he smiled, wrapping his arms around Taylor.

"I missed you," Taylor mumbled into his chest as he kissed her forehead. "How was practice?"

"Mid. As a member of the O-line we were off today. What did you do today?"

Taylor quickly thought of a cover up... well it was the truth but not the whole truth.

"I just did some cleaning around the house."

Travis nods, "You deserve a nap before I cook dinner for you. Come on, let's go lay down."

Travis takes her hand and leads her to their bedroom. Taylor lets go of his hand and takes a deep breath when they get to the door.

Travis chuckles, "You're acting weird."

"What? No. Come on go into the bedroom I'm tired."

Travis walks into the bedroom and looks at the bed confused, but then he sees the test and instantly knows.

"Tay.." he says softly.

"I know it's nothing special I just didn't know what your reaction was gonna be and I didn't wanna give you a huge surprise because what if you aren't happy about it so I.."

Tears poor from Travis's eyes and he wraps his arms around me, "Omg Tay, baby, we're gonna have a baby."

I nod and giggle. Travis kisses all over my face then bends down to my flat stomach, "I know you can't hear me yet little yeti, but daddy already loves you very much!"

I raise an eyebrow trying not to laugh, "Little Yeti?"

"All parents give their fetus a nickname. This one is little yeti!" Travis winks.

"Yeah, I don't know how to feel about that," I giggle.

Travis chuckles and looks at me in a way he's never looked at me before. It sends a rush of adrenaline through me that I've never felt before. It's a look of complete admiration, gratitude.

I kiss his lips softly and then pull away with a smile, "You're gonna have two people calling you daddy."

"I like the sound of that one mommy," Travis winks.

I laugh and lean into him, "I love you so much."

He kisses my head, "Forever and always."