2.0

I'm awaken by a nibble to my neck, "Joe no. I'm trying to sleep, not in the mood."

"Taylor, we haven't had sex in 2 months. You've been a little bitch ever since I forced you to get an abortion," Joe rolls his eyes.

"Just let me sleep," I may be coming off as whiny right now, but I can't have sex. I can't get pregnant again. He'll force me to abort the baby again and I can't do that. I didn't even wanna abort the first one, but Joe threatened to leave me. I've always wanted another kid, but he won't be a dad. He's already terrible with my daughter.

"One round?" Joe begs.

"No!" I groan.

"God you're such a bitch. I'll be home tonight, if you're lucky," Joe declares.

"Home tonight? It's like 4 in the morning where are you going?" I ask looking over at the clock.

"That's for me to know," Joe says, he slaps my face before walking out of the bedroom.

I'm left to my own thoughts, my own devices. Should I have security secretly follow him? No. That makes it sound like I can't trust him. But honestly, I can't. Every time I refuse sex, he runs off. Is he cheating on me? Is he sleeping with someone else? No. He can't be. He promised he was done cheating on me.

I curl into a ball as tears start to pour from my eyes like raindrops from a storm. I wanted to rest, sleep in, I did. But now I'm wide awake again.

Suddenly, there's a knock on my bedroom door, "Tay? What are you guys doing up so early? And why did Joe leave?"

I don't say anything, I just unwrap myself a tiny bit and sniffle.

Travis walks closer to me and realizes I'm crying, he lifts my head up, "What did that mother fucker do!"

"Trav calm down," I breathe out.

"Calm down? Tay there's a fucking handprint on your face!" Travis is yelling at this point.

"It's fine, I deserved it, I was.."

"Like hell you deserved it! Taylor nobody deserves to be hurt by the person they love!" Travis says.

"I'll be fine," I say, rubbing my eyes.

"Where did he go?" Travis asks.

"He wouldn't tell me," I mumble.

"Taylor this man's been cheating on you for the whole 2 years you've been together, when are you gonna walk away?"

I take a deep breath, "He's not cheating. He promised he wouldn't do that anymore."

Travis laughs. He's laughing at me. Am I that fucking naive?

"You wanna know why I'm here Taylor?"

"Because you asked to move in," I say, casually.

"Yeah, but why did I wanna move out of my house?"

"Cuz, Kayla cheated on you last week, you had no where else to go and I told you to stay as long as you needed for the sake of our 5 year old daughter," I sigh.

"Yeah. She cheated on me Taylor, with Joe," he says, sadly.

I start laughing, "Now you're just making stuff up."

"I'm serious Taylor. Trust me, it wasn't a pretty sight, and it wasn't the first time," he says.

"I don't believe you," I say, quietly. But the truth was, maybe I did believe him. Travis has never lied to me in the whole 7 years we've known each other.

"Come on," he says, gently pulling me up.

"Where?" I'm quick to ask.

"To Kayla's. So you can witness them having sex with your own two eyes," Travis gags.

"We've had sex too, I mean.."

"That was one time, 6 years ago, before Joe and Kayla, no feelings involved."

"There were enough feelings to make a baby," I giggle.

"Focus Taylor."

"Fine. I'll go with you," here goes nothing.

"Great. Let's go," Travis says handing me a hoodie and sweatpants.

I get changed as Travis goes into our daughter's bedroom and picks her up. He's good at making sure she stays asleep while being carried around.

I walk out of my bedroom and sure enough there's Travis with our daughter, who is still fast asleep.

We get to the car and Travis buckles our little girl, Sicily, up before getting in himself.

We drive to Kayla's house and we're silent the whole way.

The closing of our car doors is the first sound that is made the whole way there.

Travis gets Sisi out and unlocks the door to the house, with the key he still has.

He very quietly lays Sisi on the couch and we make our way upstairs.

I hear two voices.

"Kayla, she just doesn't satisfy me anymore."

"Thank god you didn't let her keep that child. Would've been a nightmare just like the first one."

"I hate that fucking kid. How could you stand to have her here with you and Travis 50% of the time?"

"Easily, melatonin!"

I look over at Travis and we both have the say expression on our faces at the revelation that Kayla had been giving our daughter melatonin.

"Taylor would've killed me."

"That's why Travis never knew."

"I told Taylor I wouldn't be home until maybe tonight. Wanna go for 13 rounds today?"

"Fuck yeah. I want you to fuck me until I can't walk."

Travis walks into the bedroom. "Hey Kayla, Joe, just here to get a few things. But by the looks of it, I'll get all my things. Joe's gonna need my space for his stuff."

"No, I'm gonna go back home to Taylor tonight, and you won't mention a word about this. Just like last week! Got it?"

That was my cue to walk into the room. "Hi Joe! Trav's right, you won't be coming home."

"Taylor, this is not what it looks like."

"Save it. I've got better things to worry about. We're done."