Chapter 1

Warning: Mild gore

Silentpaw pov:

Yawn...

I slowly opened my tired eyes and lifted my head from my mossy bed. I could see Jaypaw sleeping and snoring next to me, and Swanpaw sleeping next to him.

I slowly stand up and did a long stretch, then I trotted out of the apprentice den, I look around and saw cats eating fresh-kill already. When I thought of fresh-kill I instantly felt hungry, I didn't eat anything yesterday, since I wasn't hungry.

Jaypaw always said I didn't eat enough, and he was probably right, but I didn't care. I never really felt like eating anymore. But today, I felt hungry, so I trotted up to the fresh-kill pile and took a bird, my favorite prey.

I took the prey to my favorite spot in the camp, a spot next to a big rock at the back of the camp, away from any cat.

I saw cats looking at me with sympathy, like always, I hated it so much.

Ever since my dad died of an illness, and when my mom went crazy and tried to kill me, then died, cats always tried to cheer me up, but I always ignored it, I personally preferred to be alone.

The only cat I would ever talk to was Jaypaw, I never felt comfortable talking to any other cat. He was always there for me, even when I didn't want him around, he would always find a way in my stone cold heart.

It was weird, he wasn't even my sibling, but he always liked hanging out with me. I never knew the reason why, I was probably the least interesting cat to be around, but nonetheless, he was always there for me.

That's when I saw Jaypaw trot out of the apprentice den, when he saw me, he ran straight up to me,

"Hey Silentpaw!" He said

"Oh, hi Jaypaw." I said while taking a bite of my bird.

"What do you think we're going to do today?" Jaypaw asked

I shrugged, I never cared what we did, but the thing I liked most was hunting, I was the best at it, I was even better than some warriors in the clan. I usually asked if I could hunt alone, since I was so good at it, I always concentrated better when I was alone.

It looked like Jaypaw noticed the bags under my eyes and said, "Didn't get much sleep, huh?"

I nodded, I never really got much sleep, sometimes I would sneak out of camp and stare at the starry sky when I couldn't sleep, I would think about my parents at that time, wondering if two of the stars in the sky were them, I missed them, even my mom surprisingly.

Jaypaw sat down beside me, I blushed a little, but when I noticed, I tried my best to hide it.

It's best to keep those feelings hidden, it's better that way.

Jaypaw started talking about random stuff like he always did, I just sat and listened like I always did, I sometimes commented on what he said, but not a lot. I always loved how he talked so much, it's like he always had something to say, even in the worst of times.

I saw Echoheart walk toward me, I sighed, I hated working with her, or anyone really. She was always very nice to me, which I appreciated, but I just wanted to work alone, that's all.

"Hi Silentpaw! How do you think about hunting today? I know you like it!"

"Sure." I mumbled, looking away.

"Alrighty then! Let's go." She said. I said goodbye to Jaypaw and got up and walked with Echoheart.

As she lead me away to the camp entrance, I looked around a bit. I saw Swanpaw excitingly talking to her mentor, Frogleap about the gathering.