Chapter 2

Silentpaw pov:

(Dream)

I blinked my eyes open, I was lying on soft green grass.

I frantically looked around, confused, but I then knew I was in familiar Breezeclan territory, the open space, the green grass, and the starry night sky.

Why am I here? W-why am I not in the apprentice den???

I stood up and recognized this place.

It's where the dog attacked me and Echoheart...

Why was I here?

I paced around for a bit, trying to figure what the heck was going on when I heard a rustling sound from a nearby bush.

I froze, and shot my head toward the bush.

I saw eyes staring back at me, six eyes to be exact. 

My eyes widened in terror, what in the world had six eyes! 

I could tell I was visibly shaking, but I didn't care if I wasn't being brave.

"Come to me Silentpaw"...

"Join your mother, Silentpaw"...

The creature has a very scratchy and deep voice, like it hadn't talked in years.

But I had heard enough, I fled the opposite way, running like i never ran before. I glanced up at the sky while running and found that all the stars had disappeared. 

I ran faster, I just ran aimlessly until all my breath ran out and I had to stop from exhaustion, I breathed heavily, still shaking. 

I can deal with a dog, sure, I was trained to fight dogs, but not otherworldly creature, no no no.

It seemed like it was all over, but when I turned around, I saw glowing red orb on the ground behind me.

I slowly backed away, feeling the red orbs bad presence. As I was backing away, the orb glowed a brighter red. 

I felt something wet underneath my paws and I saw black water rise, I frantically looked all around me to see the water rising everywhere around me. I felt my paws lift from the ground as the water rose. 

I was hyperventilating as the water rose quickly, reaching up to the very few trees that scattered around Breezeclan territory. My paws were flailing, trying to keep my head above the water. I felt something grab my leg and pulled me deep into the murky water. I squirmed around as I got pulled deeper and deeper into the black water, but it was no use, I turned to see what was dragging me into the water to see the six eyeballed creature again, I couldn't see any of its features except from the creepy eyeballs. I felt tears coming out of my eyes, but the tears didn't show because of the water I was already in. 

I closed my eyes and gave up trying to get out of the grasp of whatever was grabbing me and accepted my fate.

When nothing happened, I opened my eyes again confused, I wasn't in the dark water anymore and the creature was nowhere to be found. When I looked around I found myself in a beautiful forest, the trees flourished, and prey was running around. It was nothing like the dark water I had just been in.

I saw a brown tabby she-cat pad up to me, confused, I just waited for her to come up to me.  

When the she-cat finally got to me she said, "When the lake of darkness arises, the silent jay can find a way to defeat the darkness, once and for all."

The she-cat started to vanish and I frantically said, "Wait! What is all this?! Is this some sort if prophesy?!"

But it was to late, the she-cat had already vanished into thin air...

(Dream ends)

I short my head up, my eyes wide and sweat rolling down my face. I looked around, I saw cats lying peacefully around the familiar Breezeclan camp. 

The sky had turned into a orange yellow, with the sun sinking into the sky.

How long had I been sleeping for??? 

What even happened, what the heck was that dream?!

I stood up and decided to go for a walk outside to clear my head, as I trotted to the camp entrance I saw cat's smiling at me and saying hello, but I ignored all of the friendly greetings, lost in thought. 

When I finally got outside, I got nostalgia from the dream I just had, I decided to test out if this was a dream or not, so I sat down in front of the camp entrance I pinched myself in the arm. I hurt a bit, so I knew I was in reality. I breathed a sigh of relief, stood up and headed straight. 

I got about a few tail lengths from the camp entrance to see Jaypaw burst from the entrance behind me.

"Hey Silentpaw! Were you going?" Jaypaw enthusiastically asked.

I sighed as I knew he wouldn't leave me alone if I didn't tell him about were I was going he would follow me.

"Just going for a walk, that's all." I answered.

"Let me come! Please?" Jaypaw asked.

I rolled my eyes and begrudgingly said, "Alright fine you can come."

Jaypaw bounced to me and started to happily trot along, I followed him, my tail dragging on the grassy ground. Jaypaw turned to me and I could tell he knew something was wrong with me.

"Silentpaw, are you ok? You seem more grumpy than usual."

I stopped walking, thinking if I should tell him about my dream.

I may as well, I know he will annoy me till I tell him anyway.

"Alright, something is wrong." And I proceeded to tell him about my dream...

(Sorry if this chapter is a little short!)