Cold War

10/30/2022 Author's Note:

This is total fiction, total meta, total galaxy brain. I just needed to get this out my system. I wrote this in about 2 hours, I'll probably go back and fix any typos later. Hope you like it!

3/24/2024 Author's Note:

Just thought I might as well bring this one-shot over from Archive for my wattpad followers. Why not? It's super cute. Hope you enjoy!

__________________________________________________

Lisa was done. She was done trying to get Chaeyoung to interact with her on stage. She was done chasing and looking like a lost puppy dog. Done.

Ever since Seoul Day 2 concert, Lisa could feel Chaeyoung pulling away from her for some reason. Dallas Day 1 was the last straw. She'd walk up to her and she'd walk the other way in the opposite direction. She looked at her and smiled, tried to act cute with her but got no response. Chaeyoung wouldn't touch her during their normal choreography and barely looked at her.

Lisa had noticed Chaeyoung's boot laces were loose and bent down to try to help her, but Chaeyoung wouldn't let her, saying she could do it herself.

Lisa couldn't help but think that all this was somehow related to the phone conversation she had overheard when they were at the YG building in Seoul, getting ready to leave for the airport. Chaeyoung was on the phone with her sister in an empty office with the door partly closed. Lisa was just coming to get her when she heard Chaeyoung talking.

"No, I haven't told her yet." There was a long pause. "I don't even know if she feels the same way about me, Alice."

Her? She? Was Chaeyoung dating someone? A girl? Lisa thought, stomach twisting. She knew Chaeyoung had a lot of admirers; supermodels, singers, and actresses. She wondered who was the lucky one who got Chaeyoung's rare, elusive attention.

"I got to go. Mm. Okay. Love you."

Lisa crept away, trying to shake off the strange uncomfortable feelings she was having.

Now in the dressing room, getting ready for their Dallas Day 2 soundcheck, Lisa silently fumed. If Chaeyoung didn't want to interact with her or give her attention during the show for fear of upsetting her new potential girlfriend, well, two could play this game.

__________________________________________________

"Look at this, look at this," said one of their higher strung A&R managers, showing the two of them a string of Youtube video headlines on a tablet. "Blackpink Lisa and Rosé Fighting? Blackpink Rosé and Lisa Avoiding Each Other? Lisa and Rosé Cold War!"

He put the tablet down on the table and pinched the bridge of his nose between his brows.

"Whatever argument is going on between you two, you have to stop it. The fans are noticing, and it is distracting from their concert experience. We want the media coverage to be about your performances, not your supposed beef."

Lisa glanced at Chaeyoung, looking nonplussed and annoyed by the manager's comments.

"Well, she started it," Lisa said, unable to keep it in anymore.

Chaeyoung gave her a sharp look, scowling at her.

"I don't care who started it. You both are going to stop and make some attempt to look happy with each other on stage. Understand?"

Lisa nodded begrudgingly while Chaeyoung stared ahead blankly.

__________________________________________________