17 Dom Space?

What questions?

What questions does Mr. Hayden want me to answer?

On the second night of me sleeping in the guest bedroom (I guess I can call it my own for the time being) that's all I can think about.

What if I don't want to answer his damn questions? Why am I so nervous?

It was your idea, imbecile.

Indeed, but also...shhh.

Thankfully, the next morning Harry and Edwin invite us hiking, where Milo almost throws me off the mountain chasing a butterfly. But Hayden curls his bulky arm around my waist just in time, while grabbing Milo's leash in his other hand.

A multitasker, apparently.

What questions?!

After that hormonal experience, I replace the butterflies in my stomach with fluffy, Japanese pancakes and sweet syrup, made of course, by the talented chef Edwin at their house.

Harry needs Hayden's help with some boring water piping problems (no one cares). So in the meantime, Edwin and I lounge on a plush couch and watch a murder mystery movie.

"I'm really glad you got trashed on Friday," he says in the middle of it.

I snap my head towards him. "Huh?"

"Or else Hayden wouldn't have picked up your car and found out that you live in it." For the first time, he's calm and serious. "I'm really glad that you don't have to do that anymore."

That's so sweet, but I struggle with positive emotions. "Some people have it worse."

"I know, but that doesn't minimize the difficulties you've had to face all on your own."

His therapist side is coming out. I throw him a half-hearted glare. "Thanks."

"You are so much like Hayden, it's insane." He laughs.

"I am not. Don't compare me to that heathen."

"Oh, you are. More than you realize."

"Excuse you. I have social skills. Charisma. Standards. What does Hayden have besides this angel?" I tickle Milo's chin who's sitting on the floor beside me.

"Oh, trust me." He smirks. "Hayden has charisma. You just haven't seen that side of him yet. Besides, he's still upset over his last dating situation. So he's closed off, but it'll pass."

"I would be upset too. I've also made some bad choices in my dating life. Sometimes you're just blind until it's too late."

"Nope. Hayden knew very well what he was getting into." Something in his tone changes.

I tilt my head. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Come on. Can you imagine a world in which Hayden would like Astrid? Can you imagine them bantering and roasting each other and being friends?"

"Not at all, honestly. But that's extremely rare. Not all of us are lucky enough to meet our soulmates at the gym, Edwin." I give him a stinky side-eye, causing him to laugh.

"Hey, I saw it. I liked it. I got it."

"You made the first move?" Impressive!

"Mhm. Asked him to check if my form was correct." He covers the side of his mouth to whisper. "I was doing it wrong on purpose."

"You're terrible. Didn't he realize?" I laugh.

"Not at all! He was shy as hell. We were friends in the beginning. Until a very drunken night, when we kept flirting and..." He shrugs proudly. "One thing let to another, I worked my magic and voila. We're getting married."