20

Kamala pov…

“Are you ready to talk now?” Uncle Komen asks as I flip through the paperwork Seven gave me. Someone is still stealing out trackers. Recently they were caught on camera but not their face.

They were wearing black from head to toe with a mask and were in the dark. I can’t see anything.

“I’m working now, why not later?” I tell him, looking at the picture of the tracker that was stolen. Wait, these are our old ones. We keep them in the storage room because Trinity came out with a better update.

Why would they steal the old ones?

“Pranpriya, we need to talk now.” he says but I still don’t look at him. “We can talk later, Uncle. Now isn’t the time.” I say this time annoyance evident in my voice. The door burst open making me lift my head up.

Jennie.

“You can’t knock…?” I ask, getting very annoyed now. “Malai found out some stuff on Kiet and the person who has been stealing the trackers. Come to the meeting room.” she runs out and I sigh, getting up.

“Priya, I will-”

“Can you just fucking leave me alone?” I turned to him. “I am alive and well, aren’t I? You're retired now, go home and rest. Leave me the fuck alone.” I look him up and down then leave. I have never had a man breathe down my neck more than my uncle.

It’s annoying.

I enter the meeting room and everyone stands up bowing. “You can all sit.” I sit down and they all do the same. “Malai, would you like to state what exactly is going on?” I asked, looking at her.

“I would.'' She stands up and hands out booklets to each and every person here.

Koda, Trinity, Jennie, Seven, Thalia, Amira, Fern, Kenard, Kento and Kendon.

She doesn’t give one to Ren though. He looks confused.

She sits back down.

“First of all, the old trackers that we use have been going missing. We thought it was a recent thing but actually it’s been going on for years. We kept records of how many microchips we had before Trinity updated them to the new ones we use now.

We had nine hundred and fifty six. Now we have less than a hundred. That shouldn’t be possible because we don’t use them anymore. We kept them in safety storage in case Trinity would need to use them but she hasn’t.

Someone here has been taking them and giving them to Kiet.”

What?

“Kiet?” Trinity asks, shocked and Malai nods. “Recently, our hacking system has received the moving figure of Kiet. He’s in Germany. That means the tracker he is using is starting to run out of juice and is leaking his whereabouts. I very much doubt he knows this because he hasn’t moved from his current location.”

“Do you know this person that is helping him?” I asked, turning to the next page. Oh, “Yes I do. And he is right here.” I look at her and see her looking at a certain someone. Everyone averts her eyes to that person.

Ren.

He was on his phone under the table. I nod at Koda who was sitting next to her. She wraps her arm around his neck and presses his pressure point. He blacks out and his head hits the table.

I press the button on the side of the table and the door opens, “The torture room.” I tell the two male warriors. They nod and drag his body out of his seat and out of the room. I let out a heavy sigh.