One Last Goodbye (CoinPin)

Leaves rustled in the wake of the morning Sun, casting shadows through the hotel window's. The smouldering ruins of  a steakhouse roof sat next to huge puddles of water. The fresh waves of Goiky's canal crashed against the sandy yellow beaches, coaxing them a dark grained gold. As chaos of the last challenge subsided, she swam towards the shoreline, 2 others coming u with her.

Fanny shot herself out of the water, barely gasping only to forget her lack of a mouth. Marker unscrewed his cap and let a comically large amount of water splash out, his face tired from swimming. The white haired, short and slightly agitated Fanny kicked some of the sand in irritation, letting out a frustrated groan. Her slightly taller and less fatigued pal put an arm on her shoulder in reassurance.

"Hey take it easy Fanny. Black Hole just wanted to....spend time with tree, that's all." he said, keeping his cheery tone. Fanny breathed a sigh, calming a little but still annoyed. The two talked they headed over to the hotel, Marker still finding alarming amounts of water in his cap. Their shadows cast long from the yellow orb, so low rise in the sky. The shore lines crashed in soft rumble, causing a shiver on Pin's arm as she moved away from the waves.

Her hand groped the hard, coppery metal as she noticed the green tint replaced with an orange hue. Her eyes widened as a groan escaped his lips. Quick as she could leap, Pin grabbed him and starting shaking, an upheaval of water spewing out of his mouth. He gasped, a coughing fit and paled from the water. "Ugh....My head.....What....happened?". He took a step, still slightly dazed as he felt a familiarly strong arm grip him, giving him support. 

"Huh? Oh Pin....its just you....." he spoke, still groggy as he saw her. Coiny tried to stand, only to falter and side step awkwardly, her hand the only thing stopping him from falling. Pin held his shoulder and arm, relieved he was breathing but still worried. "Are......are you ok, Coiny?" she asked, attentively, as he stumbled on his steps.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Coiny responded, coughing a bit more as water washed out of him again. "Just......a bit water logged...". Despite his sloppy steps, he gave his cheery and confident smile, making Pin a little relieved. He rubbed his head, feeling the ridge line dented and scratched from being bashed against the roof of that under water catabolome. 

"Well.....you should at least rest a little. Otherwise, you may get really ill!" she replied, sitting him down by one of the Green tree's lining the sandy shore on the canal. He would respond with protest, but Coiny found it easier to just accept sitting. He heard Pin sit next to him, her arms dropping at her sides as she breathed, fatigue escaping her lips. Her sharp tip had a piece of lilac grey sea weed in it which she brushed off of her. Her face seemed to be lost in a puzzlement of troubling feelings and thoughts which Coiny noticed.

"You seem down." he noted, giving a playful jab with his shoulder to her, in order to brighten her mood. "Where's that heroic leader of ours?". Usually, she'd let out a chuckle or retort back with her own remark to him, but Pin remained silent today. "C'mon Pin, surely you'll give something to work with, right?" he asked, still carrying his charm. And still, nothing. He saw a small smile appear on her lips, but he knew it wasn't really there. "Pin...?".

"Well, what would the heroic leader be without their charmer right hand, eh?" she responded, late, giving a jab with her elbow. Coiny moved it down, feeling something was off. "Pin is.....is something wrong?" he asked, his sarcasm and sass gone, instead replaced a genuine kindness and worry.

"N....No nothing's wrong. Why would you think that?" she responded. Coiny grabbed her hand as he looked at her.

"Pin I...I know something's wrong. Is it about my elimination?".

Her face twitched as she remained silent, without eve a sound or movement. "I'm.....I'm sorry. I...I wanna be better I try and I..I...I can't..." she let out, pausing to take another breath. Coiny made attempt to interrupt her. "Because I...I...I.....I can do this sure. I can....I can lead the team....But....I....I feel like that I'm losing something...not for the...the team but.....".

"But yourself?".

Pin heaved, catching her breath, a tear rolling down her face as she looked at him. Her face was fatigued and she pulled him into a hug, unable to keep back a relentless, gut torn sob. Her voice was heavy with apologies as she held him, practically drenched in her insecurity fear. Coiny felt twangs as he pulled her up.

Cupping one of her cheeks, he wiped her face. "Hey, you don't need to give water works for it." he said, reassuringly. "I mean....if we're being honest I probably am to blame for my elimination. But so what?".

"Well it's.....I've become as...dependant on you as everyone else had on the Losers. I....I don't know if I can even be a good leader because....whenever I fail its you who I have to fall back on." Pin said, using her other hand to bring his one down, looking worried and saddened.

"Well, so what?".

"Huh?".

She looked at Coiny as he spoke, holding her hand, not an ounce of sarcasm or snark in his voice. "So what if things go wrong? So what if you fail?".

"Well....I...I had you before..." she tried to explain, only for him to cut her off.

"And so what? After all, who was it that guided me to the right door in BFDIA?" he asked, pointing at her. "Who was it that lead us Losers to and guided us to victory with Donut's wacky questions?". He pointed at her again.

"And who survived in the underwater and used me to bust their way through to the top of the Goiky Canal?" he said, rubbing his head slightly in discomfort. Pin raised an hand and looked at, her breaths less heavy. She stuck up a finger, making sure it was the right one, which Coiny turned to face her. Her eyes lit up as she felt a little less worse. Coiny moved her hand aside with his, almost teetering upwards as he pulled her closer. She was taken aback as he grabbed her face, their lips crashed.

Pin felt her face pulse as she blushed green hot, not expecting such an action. Her other arm swayed, grabbing onto him in surprise. As soon as it had begun, they had parted, but Pin still stood in shock. "Sorry I......I wanted to do that. At least....before I left...." he said, unable to hide his face, shining as red as her. Their hands still held each other tight, as Pin breathed, strangely happy at the action.

"Oh and....one more thing." He added, pulling something out of his pocket. (Mf ur a coin, where did u get pockets?). He put his hand into hers and passed her a cool, metallic and round item. "It's so you can know that, even though I won't be here, you can still have me here, in your heart.".

Pin opened her fingers, revealing a small,, shinny copper coin, small tints of green along the edges. It was an almost perfect replica of him, barring its brighter colour and more uniform shape. "And.....I made myself a version too. I made this one while you were in.......not the best state back in bfdia." he responded, pulling out his own, mini Pin model, complete with rounded edges, about the size of his hand. It's smooth surfaces were polished,, showing the crimson velvet colour on all sides. Pin's heart fluttered as she held her coin, joy and gratefulness rising in her as she pulled him into a tight, bittersweet hug.

"I'll miss you." she said, holding him close. There was not a single sound about, except for the rushing of water. The sand's glimmered, sunshine shooting off of them and illuminating the entire scene. Coiny wrapped an arm around her, smiling weak yet cheery.

"I'll......I'll miss you too.......Pin." he replied, still holding his mini pin, his other hand in hers.

"I'll miss you too.".

Object Show Oneshots (Ships, Skits and Crackshots)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara