18. Please don't be a stranger

"Jennie-yah, what happened?"

Irene asked concerned and scrunched down to rub her best friend's back.

After Lisa left the room, Jennie burst crying her heart out, she broke down with no shame or minding that her friends was watching her.

She knew it was going to hurt, there was no way she's going to pretend it didn't. It was like her heart was ripped off from her chest, having the love of her life leave her.

She poured what she truly felt to Lisa and she was left with nothing.

How are the others going to understand her?

The group who were standing outside were speechless on their spot not knowing what was going on until Irene approached the brunette who remained bawling.

"This is all your fault Jisoo. You know it was a bad idea."

Jihyo angrily whispered to the raven-haired beside her. A sick feeling was shimmering inside her seeing her captain cry out in pain.

"Bitch, this is not the time to finger blame me. I already feel guilty."

Jisoo retorted and pinched her friend on the arm. Her drowsiness was gone when she saw Jennie and Lisa arguing intensely.

"Ow!" Jihyo cried out and slapped Jisoo back hard.

"Girls, can you stop it?!" Nayeon hissed to shut up her childish friends that were about to start a fight.

Mina cleared her throat to gather the attention of everyone in the room standing awkwardly.

"Uhm babes, it's better to accompany Jennie to her room, it's already past midnight, we should all rest. Asking questions is the last thing our Jendukie needs right now."

"Mina is right, we all should head to our respective rooms and leave this... This way for the meantime. Let's just go..."

Rosie gestured a lot and instructed. She gently pushed everyone out of the way.

Jisoo wanted to stay but Rosé warned her to not make the situation worse.

Jennie might just throw her a fist.

When everyone almost left, Rosie nodded at Irene in understanding.

"Irene Unnie, please take care of Jendukie..."

"Go on Rosie, good night." Irene dismissed the tall girl.

"Night unnies." Rosie smiled one last time and left the two.

When the best friends were the only ones remaining, Irene sat beside Jennie and sighed.

"Aish, get over here Ni..." Irene let Jennie lean all her weight on her and soothe the sobbing girl. "I'm dying to know what happened but I don't think I can absorb anything, seeing you like this."

Irene cuddled Jennie, nestling the younger girl's head on her shoulder despite the latter shaking her head and sniffling continuosly.

"I-I hate this feeling Unnie..." Jennie hiccuped. "Just l-like what I deserve, I..." Jennie whimpered. "She's right hating me... I'm in love with her and I never showed it, now she's gone... I was so fucking scared for what? I lost her anyway."

Jennie ranted but Irene was in trance.

Oh! What?

She was perplexed and just stared at the Jennie.

She did have a theory that the younger girl was crushing on Lisa because it was odd that Jennie kept bullying the poor blonde girl out of spite but it never crossed her mind that Jennie was actually in love with the poor blonde girl.