🙅🫂💦

(Fatal absorption, genderless/female. Unwilling. Is this intended to be horror or porn? Unclear)

Maria was careful and quiet as she entered the house. Ben should have been at work by now, but still. No harm in a bit of caution. She was lucky that her brother had given her the spare key for safe keeping.

All she had to do now was find it. The thing that she knew lurked somewhere in this house. Maria had worked for the C.Y.D.A for a couple of years now- a branch of government which, despite being devoted to the supernatural, did not actually have any proof of it. Well, that thing, whatever it was, was the most concrete proof she'd ever seen of monsters. If she could only get some sort of sample from it, maybe even bring in the whole creature... Well. She'd definitely have all the funding she needed for that project she'd had in mind. And a blue 'lead researcher' badge didn't sound too bad either.

Maria stalked the halls of her brother's home, trying to remember everything he'd mentioned about it. As she boiled the kettle- apparently the faceless shapeshifting entity liked tea- she tried to think of what Ben had called it. Something mundane she thought, a man's name. Not Kevin. Or Jim. It would come to her, she was sure.

She knocked on the door of the cellar as she set the tea down outside. Ben seemed to think that it liked to spend its time in here.

"... David? It's Maria, Ben's sister."

Yes, that was the name. The woman spoke slowly, as if to a frightened child or animal.

"It's alright. I just want to see you. I made you a cup of tea."

David didn't come out for a while, but Maria was patient. She could wait for it.
So she did. Maria waited. Waited. Finally, as she reached for the mug of tea to remove it, she noticed the signs of something's presence. The corner of the room seemed to darken slightly, a black liquid seeping out. She left the tea where it was.

"There you are... It's ok. You can come here. I'm a friend, remember?"

The stain in the corner disappeared. She stayed still. It had a right to be cautious.

There was movement in the corner of her eye, and Maria had to fight to keep her head still. A cat- no. Something like a cat padded into view. Its body was holding its shape, but still appeared wet to the touch. The only visible feature on its face was a glowing yellow orb set into the ooze, presumably the creature's eye. It hesitated to walk in front of her before darting quickly towards its prize. David sniffed the mug of tea, then looked to melt over it, its body enveloping the cup and sinking into the floor until nothing remained. Maria found herself wondering if her brother was running out of crockery.

The creature was curious, she knew that. It would come back. She just had to wait.

After what felt like far too long, Maria became aware of eyes on her. Or, more likely, eye. She turned, gently so as not to scare it. Her shadow was darker on the wall than it would perhaps usually be, a deep black that appeared almost wet. As she looked, a bright yellow globe blinked open, and she couldn't help but laugh.

"There you are. Why are you hiding?" she asked, voice still artificially calm. In truth she was ecstatic. She was that close to getting everything she wanted.

It made no indication of having understood her words, but seemingly melted back into the wall. The woman was crestfallen for a moment- until it reappeared in front of her. David was now holding a human form, sat before her. Human, that is, in comparison to its other shapes. It had arms, legs, torso, head, but everything else was wrong. The face was blank besides that one yellow eye, fixed in the middle of the head. Everything looked malleable. It dripped gently on the floor, liquid thick and syrupy. It tilted its head as it looked at her.

Maria pulled a small vial from her pocket, movements quiet and slow. She didn't want to scare it off.

"You're ok. I just need one little sample," she murmured, bringing the vial towards the creature. It looked wet enough- getting a drop or two to analyse shouldn't be too hard. Just as she brought the container to its surface, David disappeared. It rapidly melted down to a puddle again, flowing away through the cracks in the floor and leaving Maria alone in the hallway by the cellar. She tried to calm herself down; this was fine. She could still get her proof. Perhaps it was playing some sort of game with her.

"Come on," she said, keeping an eye out in case it came back, "I'm a friend, remember? I need you to stop hiding..."
Her voice trailed off as she found what she was looking for. It was returning, if hesitantly, flowing back into its human form. As it built itself up it looked like ice melting backwards.

Maria lunged this time, not wanting to run the risk of it escaping again. She slammed into the wall, vial empty, as the creature avoided her. It was hard to tell from the featureless face, but David seemed angry now. Maria shivered.

It vanished. She stood up. She wondered where it had gone-until she looked down.

The floor beneath her feet had melted into a bubbling mass of black slop, the toes of her boots already sinking into the ooze. She tried to step out, but it held fast.

Millimetre by centimetre, centimetre by inch, the creature was advancing up her legs, immobilising her. Maria screamed for help now. It was no use- her brother was still at work, and the house stood alone. Shrill screams filled the air.

Maria sank downwards into the floor, and all the while the gunk was flowing up her body, surrounding her, dragging her deeper into itself. It was nearly at her hips now. She swatted at it with her hands, tried to wipe it off, but all that achieved was to get her hands stuck as well. She shivered involuntarily as it touched her bare skin. It didn't quite feel cold against her, but distinctly wrong.

The creature continued to envelop her. There was nothing Maria could do- she could barely move now, and had long given up screaming. It was at her neck. She tilted her head up, hoping to prolong the last few moments she had before it presumably smothered her. She could feel it lapping at her chin, the base of her ears. She shut her mouth tight as it flowed over her lips.

It ebbed forever upwards. The liquid- but it wasn't quite liquid, too thick and too mobile- forced itself into her nose, her ears. It filled every crevice and she opened her mouth, not quite purposefully. It entered her throat, her stomach, settled behind her lips.

Maria thought she would suffocate. She didn't. The thick black mass filled her lungs, her airways, her stomach, pressing relentlessly into any available space- and yet, somehow, she breathed. It was syrupy, slow, heavy, but it moved through her mouth and nose like so much solid, rancid air.

She was suspended in it, almost floating. Surrounded.

The creature sealed itself shut around her, and the woman vanished from view.

Maria could hardly understand what was happening to her. She was inside it. Even worse she could feel it coating her, burrowing into her, worming through her flesh. All over her, inside, around. It felt like a thousand tiny needles in her skin, nearly numb now. Her mind ached. It seeped into her every pore and thought, saturating her until more of it occupied her body than she did.

Time went by; although she had no way of knowing how much. She barely felt alive, barely conscious, still breathing in and out the thick black nothing. The creature gnawed at her body, her soul, eroding her like teeth, like rain, like wind. She could feel it chewing at her brain. Dissolving her.

Eventually, Maria was fully broken down. All that remained inside the creature's core was more of itself.