Chapter 7

Webby POV

I sat in my room for a long time. I decided that I needed to talk to someone about this. I got up abruptly and walked over to Luz’s bedroom. I knew if there was one person who could make me feel even a little bit better about this situation, it was her.

I knocked on the door and it swung open almost right after my hand left the door.

“Hey.” Luz greeted me, looking exhausted. “Did Hunter leave?”

“Um, I think so? I didn’t even know he was here.” I mumbled in response.

“Are you okay?” She asked, seeming concerned at the tone of my voice.

I shook my head sadly. “Louie and I… I dunno, I don’t want to talk to him right now."

“Come in Webs.” Luz offered, beckoning me into her room. I walked in and flopped myself down on a beanbag chair. Luz sat at her desk and seemed to be reviewing her notes for the exams. “Do you wanna talk about it?” She asked, looking up from her work and at me.

I stayed silent for a minute before answering. “He lied to me.”

That got her attention again.

“About what?” The caution in her tone made me uneasy.

I looked into her eyes and saw fear, mistrust, and worry. Did anyone even trust Louie and I to begin with?

“Something… personal.” I hesitated to continue.

“You don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to, but just know that I’m always on your side Webby.” Luz smiled softly.

“Would you say the same to Louie if he were the one to have come to you first?” I countered.

She opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out.

“Right. This was a great chat, but I don’t really think I want to be around anyone anymore, don’t follow me.” I snapped, standing up and leaving the room. I couldn’t think of anywhere else to go so I went outside to get some fresh air. I noticed Hunter, Willow, and Gus were to my left, messing around with something so I quickly avoided them and ran to the woods.

Once I felt that I was deep enough inside the woods that nobody would bother me, I leaned up against a tree and slumped to the floor. Curling up into a small ball, I cried silently to myself.

I hated this. I hated it all. I wish I could’ve just moved on from the fact that we were stuck here, but I just couldn’t. Everything sucked.

Then, I heard a branch snap from behind me and I tensed up in fear. I noticed a figure walking forwards, back facing me. I noticed another figure coming from the opposite direction coming to meet the first person. The first figure removed their hood and I recognized the abomination colored hair instantly.